Chapter 9

I don't know why but I liked writing that last chapter full of time skips, so might be doing that again. Sorry if you don't enjoy those.

~

It's been a week since Drita came back with the first shard, and she avoided talking to anyone about how she got it. To her it felt a little personal, she didn't know why and it kept nagging at her. But, other then that, Rayden was all better while Marco was still recovering. The infiltration of ones mind is dangerous, and they made sure to get him good with it. They were now on a pirate ship half way to their destination.. Kingdom of queen bee. The borderline is made of pollen that turns a being into its actual form, which meant cat ears and tail for Drita. You see, having her bounds meant separating her human self and beast self so one half -the half with her bounds- it quarter human and quarter vampire while the other half -without bounds- is the same but with her beast. Her truest form is the one before she ever got her bounds, the form with whiskers, claws and more fur around her face. She sighed.

Rayden was next to her watching the waves bellow as Rachel gently glided beside them and Yuro served as a pillow for Marco while he slept. Rayden turned to her and hesitantly nudged her. Drita looked over to him with the same stare she's been giving everyone since they got the shard. A look that was void of emotion.

"What happened to you in the nest?" he asked, crossing his arms.

Drita was a little taken back from the seriousness in his voice, no matter, she'd defy anyone who sought answers from her that she's denied already. So she just ignored the question and looked back off into the distance making him groan.. before a smirk made it's way to his face. He started to annoy her. Rachel retracted her wings before dropping from the sky and landing by Marco while listening in on them.

"Remember tha-" " stop being annoying" she cut, him joining on the last two words while his smirk grew ten fold before he yelled "JINX!"

She just stared at him in confusion.

"What?"

Both his and Rachel's eyes went wide.

"You're jinxed. You can't talk until someone who was present says your name or else you get bad luck.. You didn't want to talk, now you can't" he shrugged,

Her stare quickly turned into a glare before she tackled him and growled. Rachel quickly knew Drita was going to take it personally, she often did with things like these. Now everyone had their eyes on them.

"I'll talk when I want to talk. And I'll be silent when I want to be silent" she said,

She already had one man reining over her freedom, she didn't need another.. So with that she got off and walked over to where Rachel was and whispered something to her that made the fallen angel pale slightly.

He might've just cut his life span by a couple centuries.

~

They were at the border now and right as they crossed the wall of pollen everyone but the pirates appearance changed. You know Drita. Rachel had wings now, but also had a silver band around her fore head that had a white feather sticking up from the center of it to represent her commanders heritage while silver lined her feathers. Marco now had two dragon like black horns coming from his forehead as his ears became pointed and his eyes became snakelike. Rayden's eyes turned blood red while his fangs became longer and sharper. Rayden looked over to all of them a little surprised.

"You mean there was more to you two's appearance" he asked, looking over both Rachel and Marco.

They both nodded before looking out to the island that was now so close. Rayden then turned to Drita who was still looking out in the distance.