Chapter 14

"If you touch me your finger comes off" Drita said, her eyes were closed, but she knew she felt a presence.

"Now is that any way to talk to your boss?"

Her eyes snapped open at the voice before she looked up to the one and only... 'I'd love to say bastard, but my face would probably give it away' she thought to herself with a growl.

"What is it you want, Zavier?" she asked, her muscles relaxing once more as her eyes drifted back shut.

It was like midnight, and he'd come out of nowhere to disturb her slumber. He chuckled.

"So I've been watching.. and I saw what you did to that Rayden boy...." he trailed off, making her tense up again.

But she made sure to make it unnoticeable before she stared at him blankly before shrugging.

"I was following your orders for once, I thought it'd make you happy" she answered,

He nodded to himself, before disappearing and reappearing right in front of her taking a tight grip of her chin to tilt her head up to his. She showed her canines in a small disapproving growl.

"Nuh uh. You see, you've never once listened to my demands. There's nothing special about this mission as far as I know. So what is the true reasoning?"

Her hand snapped up to take a tight hold of his wrist. Her eyes bore into his own with that same defiant coldness from all those centuries ago making his heart quake in fear of her next actions. She yanked his hand off her face and let a simple feline smirk grace her lips.

"That is for me to know.... and for you to never find out" she said, letting her claws prick into his skin as her grip tightened making a satisfying crack before she let go.

She went back to her pose from earlier.

"Now leave if you want me to complete this mission or not" she growled,

He stayed silent, taking steps back until his back hit the door. He bit back his fear giving her shadowed figure an arrogant smirk before he disappeared.. but not leaving wordless.. "There's a cheater here, thought you'd like to know"

Drita's eyes opened in a blink when she felt his presence no longer there and sighed to herself in relief. The truth was a secret she'd keep until she no longer could. And she hopped that'd be a long time, but in the back of her mind she wanted it to be soon. She gave another sigh, sneaking a peak over to the sleeping Rayden.

She promised.

~

Furisha, Lamyl, and Clark were on their way to find and hopefully save -if in danger- their masters. They let Yuro take care of the kit when they went off.

Furisha taking after Drita was in lead and flicked her ears listening to the sounds around them. Her paws were cold but she could bear it.. Anything to get her friend back. She felt the bristle of wind go through her fur bringing with it the scent of a certain vamp. She cocked her head to the other two familiars and nodded them to follow her as she turned to follow the scent.

'Ci, my dear.. Are you sure their this way?' Lamyl asked, swooping down to glide right above the feline.

She nodded.. Her ears giving a slight twitch to his Spanish accent.

'I know they are.. Clark! Take a lead and call if anything catches your eye' she commanded,

And he was off without question, knowing from past situations not to question when she used that tone for a command. He left with a sheepish look over his feathered face that made Furisha sigh. Lamyl noticed her slight hidden shivers and landed on her back, spreading his wings like a blanket.