Part 9- The Start

"Damn it!" Drita cursed herself, looking over the bite marks she left and could remember leaving on Zeke's neck.

"It's ok, I'm ok, we're all ok" he reassured, having already guess her reaction to this.

She immediately shook her head.

"But it's no-" "Yes, it is. Now come on, the others are waiting for us" he said, giving her a smile.

She sighed, but nodded, walking out of her cell with him and down the path leading to the pond.

"Are you ok?" Zeke asked on the way,

Drita closed her eyes in thought.. She concentrated on the feeling of the bounds covering her tattoos. The rough feeling of the bandage wrap, or the painful tug she could feel on her soul. Until she shook her head.

"It feels too weird. I'm not sure how I feel" she tried explaining, trying to hide the pain she felt, but Zeke could see it.

He frowned at her before leaving it be.

Once they made it to the pond to see the others, Marcus was the first to jump on them making Artafa roll her eyes. Rayden had his arms crossed while he looked at Marcus in wonder. How a serious and proper kid like him ever turned into this he could never know, but that was his brother.

"How's miss kitty over here?" Marcus asked, grabbing Drita's shoulders and going to look her over.

She hissed at him, breaking herself from his hold and walking over to Zeke who was chuckling to himself. Honestly, they didn't know what changed about her, she didn't seem different besides her looks. But that was until they saw her eyes. They had no more wild sparks of silver, they were just blue, and sad.

"Don't. Call me that" she growled, slapping Marcus's hand away again.

Artafa was quick to wrap a vine around the vamp and pull him back while Rayden walked over to her next.

"I'm glad you're ok Dree, to get your mind off of these" he said, poking one of her bounds. "How 'bout we do one of your favorite things.. like b" "Beating up messed up royal guards!" She cut, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

Zeke chuckled

"Why the hell not. Can I join?" he asked,

The two immediately nodded before their attention was brought to the other two when Artafa whistled.

"Can we join?" Marcus asked, pretty much jumping with excitement like the little kid he was.

And that's what they did. They ran to a near by village and snuck in sending Drita to scout out for any trouble. When she was gone Zeke brought Marcus and Rayden to the side while Artafa took out her deer mask.

"What is it?" Rayden asked,

Zeke smiled

"Well, you two are pretty reconizable.. especially you Marcus since you go on public speakings with your father. So I got Artafa to make you these" he said, bring out two animal masks out.

One of a hawk, and one of a gold and black coyote. He handed the hawk one to Rayden before handing the other to Marcus.

"These should help, Drita put one of her mixures into the paint so whenever you put them on, others see someone completely different" he explained,

Marcus shook his head.

"Tell me something.. How the hell does Drita even make those things. The first day we came and she went crazy on catnip one of her orby things rolled out of her pocket. I didn't see it and right when I stepped on it, it poofed making my foot go numb" he said, looking down and shaking out his left foot.