Chapter 8

A lot of time skips in this one... just saying if you're still actually reading.

~

"Uhhhhhh! What the hell" Drita groaned, opening her eyes.

Her head pounded and her eyes quickly closed when they opened.

"I said it once, and I'll say it again. What the hell!" She mumbled under her breath.

"Drita? What are you doing in my bed?" someone's gruff voice asked,

She recognised it straight away and thought to herself for a moment before realizing something.

"Marco? What do you mean? I'm on the floor" she answered, groaning as she slowly got up. 'How drunk did I get last night?'.

"Huh? Marco, why are you on the floor" Rachel's voice suddenly joined,

"I'm not on the floor. I'm in bed. And someone who smells like Drita is beside me.. Uhhh, my eyes refuse to open without my head hurting"

Someone suddenly wrapped an arm around Drita making her jump a bit. It smelled like Marco.

"Ah! Rayden!" Rachel suddenly gasped. "Why are you snuggling me?"

Drita finally forced her eyes opened to find out what the hell was going on. Marco was laying on hay and pillows on the ground beside her while Rachel was on the ground indeed being snuggled by Rayden. 'I rephrase it. How drunk did we get last night'.

In the back or her head she heard faint voices chanting 'Chug, Chug, Chug'. She quickly shook her head into focus before regretting it immediately. A bad feeling came over her suddenly.

"Today's going to be no picnic" she stated out loud before a sick feeling took place in her stomach causing her to run for it.

~

A couple hours later when everyone was back to normal they started getting ready for their trip. Marco was packing up his saddle pack with nothing but food and water to get them started while Rachel was getting her magic straight and making more sacred beads for Drita. The feral pick pocket was used to traveling with nothing on her but her blades, so she had nothing to pack and had asked the others if they needed help, but to her boredom they said they were fine so she decided to go see Flow. Rayden was still recovering from his hangover, being stuck in his room all the time meant no alcohol, so he was an amateur when it came to the substance.

"Ok.. That's all right? .. Right. YURO!" Marco called out,

A couple seconds passed before a purple flamed black horse galloped over to him through the sky. As he landed the flames descended to only cover his hooves while he walked over to his dragon rider. Marco was the only one he'd let ride him besides Drita, and the only who was able to fly with him since his skin couldn't burn being a dragon demon. Marco smiled over to him holding up his fireproof saddle. His ears shot up in curiosity.

"Yep, we're going for another adventure just like the old days" Marco answered, seeing his ears while also setting the saddle upon his back.

He tightened all the straps and didn't use a bridle.

"And someone I know you've missed is coming with us" he stated, causing Yuro to stump in response as the feral cat came to mind with her familiar.

Marco chuckled

~

Drita came back from town and went looking for Rachel. She caught her scent and followed it to the garden frowning.

"Are you sure you should be coming in your state?" she asked, scaring the hell out of Rachel who had been peacefully humming.

She turned around and nodded with a smile.