Chapter 6

Both Drita and Rayden had a paddle and had paddled for hours before Rayden's arms were to sore to move. Drita having done this multiple times was just fine. They were about a mile passed the middle and still had a couple to go. The storm had moved closer and Drita had a feeling there was a chance they wouldn't be able to make it before the storm hit them. She sighed.

"I knew this was a bad idea" she mumbled under her breath,

You see, Drita hated water unless it was a hot spring. She didn't know how to swim at all and always felt venerable in it which is something she hated. She shook her head in discomfort when the wind swayed her. She couldn't wait for this to be over.

Rayden knew how she was near water and tried his best not to annoy her more.. which was hard since everything he said seemed to do just that, so he just stayed quiet.. but that silence didn't keep long when a bang of thunder interrupted it. Drita's eyes quickly flashed over to Rayden in a death glare before she hurried up and covered up Furisha who was in her lap. Clark was most likely as the kingdom already waiting for them. A strike of lightning appeared before another bang of thunder was heard. They both looked down to see the tiny droplets starting to fall and ripple out. Drita tossed one of the paddles to Rayden and turned serious.

"Paddle! We can still try getting there fast. We're definitely not beating it, but at least we can get out of the rain right?" she said, once again, she hated water.

Rayden nodded in agreement and joined her upfront. They continued to paddle as the wind got stronger and the rain came down harder. The waves were making it more difficult to paddle but after a while they did see the demon kingdom.. and sadly, were still really far out. The raft they were on reared up causing Drita to clamp onto both Furisha and the edge for dear life. She was way out of her element here and hated it, why couldn't they have been in the woods by now! Rayden carefully made his way over to her and wrapped an arm around her seconds before they slammed back down. Drita quickly grabbed her paddle and started paddling the best she could even though it seemed they weren't moving at all. The wind was cold and howling sending shivers down her spine as the scent of salty water once again wafted up her nose. Their raft once again reared up.. but this time from the back in which they both slipped into the water. Rayden quickly grabbed Drita before she went down farther and pulled her up only to notice Furisha gone.

"Oh no.. FURISHA!" she called, diving right back in.

Not knowing the first thing about diving she sank like a brick as all the air quickly left her lungs. Though she was pretty much drowning she kept her eyes open and spotted her beloved familiar. She struggled to wiggle her way over to the feline but did then looked back up as she continued sinking. She started panicking, she didn't know how to go back up. She started moving her limbs but with all the wind going on up there the water was a little to fast for a beginner like herself. Then, out of nowhere, she was thankful when Rayden grabbed them and swam back up. Once they both popped out of the water she glared over to him.

"If the storm doesn't kill you, I will!" she yelled, still in his arms.

He nodded in agreement. He'll admit, this wasn't the smartest thing to do, but he was in a hurry!

"CLARK!" she called out, seeing him fly over head. "Please take her!" and with that he quickly swooped down and took Furisha in his talons flying her back to shore.

She looked back to Rayden.

"Where's the raft?" she asked,

He shrugged and they started looking for it before something hard rammed into them, knocking Rayden unconscious and Drita out of his arms. She quickly shoved down her fear and tried wiggling around and moving her limbs just trying to make it over to him before feeling her beast rise. She sighed. Her beast would have a better chance at surviving this, but she was worried, what would happen to Rayden. She closed her eyes feeling the rumble of her beast go through her chest, assuring her that in her wild state she wouldn't harm anyone. Drita nodded to herself and let her bounds unravel to the point of them swaying off with the current while a warm feeling came through her.