Chapter 17

Now there they were, walking through the dark sandy trails hoping to find some help. Drita had told them how she was now band from this kingdom, so the three of them had to go in on their own while leaving Yuro and the familiars with her.. and Marco was more then displeased to have Rachel coming with them in her state, but she insisted that they might need her help since the angel clan is very close with this kingdom. Drita also wanted her to go because she thought it might be a little easier on her to be with her mate. And since they all silently agreed that Drita was in lead they agreed with her.

Little did they know, was that she sent Furisha to follow them just in case.

Anyways, Rayden was still thinking about that ferals fight. So Drita wasn't the only one left. Did she know? His thoughts were cut off when an elderly ghost snapped her see through fingers in front of his face. Her teeth were crooked and her hair was full of see through twigs. She was a short little lady with a mean look to her eyes as she looked at him.

"Now boy, what d'ya think you're doing down this path?" she question, bonking his head with a cane he just took notice of.

He looked to see two other elderly lady spirits doing the same to Rachel and Marco. He gave them a clueless look which they returned. Then the lady on Marco backed up to look at all of them before she smiled. She seemed a lot more joyful then lady who bonked his head.

"We're going to have to ask you to leave please. This kingdom is cut off from the others for a reason.. Well the young lady can continue if she wants" she said, giving them a close eyed smile.

Marco didn't take long to growl before he took a step up, shielding Rachel with his arm.

"If she goes, then I go" he quickly stated,

They all went behind the lady who spoke and shook their heads. Rachel put a hand on Marco's shoulder and took a step up nodding.

"I can do that"

Marco quickly shook his head.

"Nope! That's not happening! I'm n-" "I can do this Marco, don't worry" she cut him off,

Rayden took a step up and nodded in agreement, seeing something they couldn't.

"I agree, Rachel can do this on her own.. Don't worry" he said,

And Marco didn't miss the message so he hesitantly nodded with a sigh. Rachel seemed a little surprised but smiled and nodded as the ghost ladies surrounded her and led her off into the distance.

Marco quickly snapped his way.

"Ok what's the plan?" he asked, quickly.

Rayden just shook his head at him before nodding off to the side.

"After running away from the castle Drita found me and taught me a few things.. Like keeping track of your surroundings no matter what" he said, revealing the hidden door in the ground. Marco didn't even notice anything until Rayden moved some dark sand over revealing the rock as the handle.

"How'd you know a damn rock was apart of a freaking door!?"

Rayden shrugged.. not really knowing how he did himself.

"Just instinct.. I guess?" He said, giving an unsure shrug.

Marco stared at him with disbelief for a minute before just letting it go and walking up to the floor door, taking a hold of the rock slash handle hefting it open with a bit of effort. He sighed to himself as he pushed the door to land opposite. Rayden walked over to stand beside as they both looked down the dark tunnel. Rayden found himself smirking as he was brought back to the old days and jumped down without any hesitation whatsoever which left Marco with his jaw dropped. he quickly shook his head and jumped on down after him.