Part 5- Albatross

This will be going through a couple year time skips

~

"Zeke!" Drita called, as the beast threw him to the forest.

She growled, looking back at it.

"Little tip, don't attack the people I call friends"

And that's when she went at it full on.

~

Zeke's wolf took over mid flight, landing on all fours up top a branch. He growled hearing the feline fighting the beast alone. He jumped down with hesitation, landing in a pit of mud and running towards the fight. He froze, seeing the light blue flames appearing on the feline's hands and feet as she faught, but shook himself out of it, running in to help.

They both caught eyes where everything seemed to go slowmo for a minute, before she nodded to him, landing in a quick back handspring. She stood and looked to him, her eyes more feral then before, it for some reason reassured him she could be trusted on having his back

"Between you and me you're the hunter, so I'll follow your lead" she said, growling over to the giant bear head thrashing her way.

He nodded and went in for it....

~

They both stood looking at the defeated beast laying before them. She nodded to herself, looking over to the wolf. His fur was covered in mud, so she couldn't tell what color he was, and his scent was covered as well.. but she patted him on the head. He was pretty much taller then her waist, so she couldn't tell if he was an alpha male or not.

"Thank you, mind telling me your name?" She asked,

He looked back to her confused. She couldn't tell he was Zeke's wolf, he knew that, so why'd she ask his name. She smirked down to the wolf.

"I understand most wild animals, and all the ones I've met had a name, so I wondered"

He shook his head, hearing her hum in response.

"How about I give you one. Everyone deserves a name and you helped me.. so?"

He ears twicked up. He looked at her curiously, before giving a slow nod. She smiled.

"I'm starting to see something white from under the mud, and I can tell you're quite strong.. so.... how 'bout Albatross, Alba for short" she suggested,

He thought about and nodded, his tail wagging happily. He finally had a name! And that's when his king took over, shifting back to his form shocking Drita into a jump.

"Woah! Zeke.. he was your wolf?"

He smiled and nodded  before quickly hugging her.

"Thank you. Unlike most shifters my wolf was born without a name" he explained,

She was still confused, but nodded her welcome anyway. Then he got confused.

"What were those blue flames?" He suddenly asked,

Her eyes widened, before she turned around.

"Let's just say my other half ain't human"

"Then what is it?"

She turned back to him and sighed.

"The next time you ask I'll answer..."
~