Doragon-Chan's Corner

I didn't want to write this on here because I just wanted to keep writing my stories, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Two innocent black men have been killed by white men in less than two months. It wasn't in self-defense; it wasn't in the name of protecting others. It was an unforgivable act of pure hatred. Black lives matter. It can't be said enough, and the fact that people are turning around and saying 'all lives matter' is fucking degenerating and unnecessary. Yes, all lives matter, but all lives WON'T matter until black lives matter. If there was a house on fire, you wouldn't hose down the ones next to it because 'all houses matter', you'd hose down the one on fire because that was the house that needed help the most. Saying all lives matter is downplaying the torture, embarrassment, humility, and pain black people have gone through since the beginning of time. And peaceful protests don't work anymore. They aren't heard until they riot. I'm just a white kid from the upper midwest, so I don't understand on an emotional level how horrible this is. All I can say is 'this is horrible', 'they don't deserve this', and 'they're people too'. But I don't know the pain of losing my brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers because of mindless hatred and ignorance. Sometimes I wish I was born black so that I knew what it was like, but I know I can use my white privilege to help others. And if you're white and you don't think you have white privilege, you're a fucking moron who needs to reevaluate. You've never been afraid of crossing the street because of the color of your skin. You've never been stopped by a police officer because of the color of your skin. And you've never been fucking shot because of the color of your skin. You wanna know why? Because you're white. That's what white privilege means. White privilege means that your life isn't made harder because of your nationality. So before you whine and bitch and moan, "I don't have white privilege just because I'm white," ask yourself if women have held onto their bags tighter because of the color of your skin. If parents held onto their kids while walking next to you because of the color of your skin. I don't have a whole lot of followers, or people who read any my stuff in general, so I don't know how far this message is going to get, but I'm going to use everything I have to push it out as far as possible. Black people bleed the same blood, breathe the same air, cry the same tears, and have the same organs as us white assholes. The only difference is that black people have cried those tears much more than us. The only difference is that black people have bled that blood more than us. The only difference is that we have breathed in that air more than black people. So you can't look me in the eyes and say black lives don't matter. You can't tell me that they don't have a right to live, and love, and persevere. The Declaration of Independence gives U.S. citizens the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Well, guess what? Black people are fucking U.S. citizens. They get to live, they get to be free, and they get to pursue whatever it is that makes them happy like everybody else. Do you know who made that possible? The government, but they never thought it would apply to black lives, so now they're trying to rip that right away. THEY CAN'T DO THAT!! It is their God-given right to be alive and happy. You are not allowed the take that away. You don't have the right. I can't stay silent anymore. Not when I know that innocent lives are being taken away. White people have never known a pain like that before, and fortunately, we never will, but that doesn't mean we can put out hands up and turn around and pretend that we're blind to it or that it doesn't apply to us. If your siblings or family members were being harassed and hurt and bullies, you wouldn't turn a blind eye to it, no, you would find the problem, and crush it. I know I would. So let's stand up for our black brothers and sisters. Let's protect them and fight for and with them as they did in the past. And it kills me that white anarchists are feeding off the chaos and panic by stealing and looting. It kills me that police officers are attacking people who aren't destroying anything. They're using tear gas, horses, and their riot shields. I saw a woman being trampled over by a horse when she was trying to get away. White people are using their bodies to protect their black friends from police officers, and you know what? The officers backed off. That is the definition of white privilege. You see news feed of people being attacked when nothing is damaged. As a white kid in a mainly white community, and especially with the pandemic, I can't do anything except spread the word, so if you live in an area where you can bring awareness and tell people about this injustice, please do. 
       And one last thing. There's talk about a Pridefall during Pride month, and as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I urge others to be safe and be cautious. Don't be ashamed of who you are. I love you and I want you to be safe. So don't do anything that could endanger your life or the lives of others. Don't be ashamed, but please be aware. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       I should be posting either later today or tomorrow; I just felt that this was much more important. Remember, please be safe and I love all of you.
       Doragon-Chan is out
       "A riot is the language of the unheard."
       -Martin Luther King Jr.