Chapter Four- I Hate This Feeling

We sent the group to the city, Shane and I didn't talk much after the slap. The next day the group left and we all continued our daily work.

"Dale!" I called as I stood by the RV looking up.

"Yeah?" I looked over at me and I held up a bottle of water.

"Want to come down and get some water? I'll happily take watch for a while. It's too hot to be up there all day." I smiled and he nodded. He came down the ladder and I handed him the bottle in my hand.

"Thank you. The gun is sitting up there." Dale smiled and I climbed up the ladder and took watch all around the camp.

"Y/n! Keep an eye on Carl while I'm gone?" Lori yelled up and I nodded smiling.

"Of course. He can help me keep this place safe. Right buddy?" I raised an eyebrow at Carl who nodded and continued playing with Sophia. It was about mid-day to close to dawn. I stayed up on the RV all day watching the roads. Eventually coming to hear a very familiar noise.

"Talk to me Y/n!" Shane called and I looked for the source of the noise.

"It's gotta be a stolen car!" I yelled back and got my eyes on a very fast moving red car driving up towards us. "Holy shit!"

"Is it them are they back?" Any called as I jumped off the side of the RV. I almost fell right on my face but, caught myself and jogged towards the red car pulling up.

"Turn that damn thing off!" Dale jogged up towards us as Glenn got out of the car.

"I don't know how!" Glenn yelled and I smiled at the beautiful car in front of us. I opened up the car door and popped the hood to the car as Shane looked for a way to disconnect it.

"How the hell-" Shane was disconnecting wires left and right. I pushed him out of the way and simply unhooked on wire and it stopped. A large van pulled up behind the car as I took in the vehicle in its entirety. Jim was next to me looking as well. I heard some commotion behind me before looking at everyone seeing their families again. Shane had just finished yelling at Glenn when Morales stepped up.

"Crazy guy just got into town. Hey! Helicopter boy! Come say hello!" Morales yelled and attended to his family. I looked at Lori and Carl, yet again Carl was crying. I looked back towards the van and saw a very familiar face walk into sight.

"Oh shit." My mouth dropped open at the sight of Rick. Carl and Lori ran towards Rick with tears and joy. I looked over at Shane who was in a wrap of emotions. He was happy, but not as happy as he should have been. "What are you going to do?"

"Shut up." Shane growled at me and I put my hands up and backed off. Rick spotted us and smiled. I held a great big smile on my face, but deep down- I wasn't too happy either.

- - -

Later that night we sat around the campfire listening to Rick talk about his 'journey' to find us.

"I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. For a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from ever." Rick explained while he held Lori's hand and Carl close.

"Mom said you died." Carl looked up at him with a sad look in his eyes. I was sitting on the ground hugging my knees to my chest. I felt bad I was the one who assumed Rick was dead. I let myself believe that.

"She has every reason to believe that. Don't you ever doubt it." Rick kissed Carl on the head and I looked at Shane. He was being quiet but, he was watching everyone around.

"When things started to get really bad, they told me at the hospital that they were gonna medevac you and the other patients to Atlanta, and it never happened." Lori explained to Rick the circumstances of everything going on. She looked at me and I avoided eye contact by looking down.