Chapter Twenty-Three- Drug Run

I ran with Michonne, Bob, and Daryl. We'd drove right into a herd of walkers heading towards the Prison. We had no other choice than to get out and walk. I did as I was told and just kept moving. When morning peaked over the trees we got moving again. We'd made it to a creek. I washed my blood cover shirt the best I could, which distracted Daryl. Michonne just sat back and laughed while I let it dry. I was going to have a clean shirt, no questions asked. Tyrese was zoned out thinking about Karen, she's been burned to death. Bob filled me in. I walked in the middle. Michonne and Daryl in front, Bob snd Tyrese behind me. We approached some kind of building. I looked around as they moved parts of a fallen tree to reveal a car. I looked through brush to see the front door was underneath.

"Needs a new battery." Daryl called out as he came around the front. "Think we can get through this?"

"Probably, door seems to be right under here. I think if we cut enough, we should be able to squeeze through." I pulled at some branches and everyone started cutting. Tyrese was the most violent.

"Man, we don't know what we're dealing with." Daryl spoke. The next thing we knew Daryl was grabbed by a walker. Michonne cut of its hand and then she was grabbed followed by Bob and I. I pulled back only causing it to pull forward. I put my bandaged hand on one side of its face pushing my thumb into its eye. I tried to grab my knife with my other hand. I pulled backwards one strong time causing it to fly out at me. I flipped it around and managed to smash its head in with my left fist. I jumped up in time for Michonne to save Tyrese. I wasn't sure what was said all I could do was laugh. Once we all calmed down Daryl and Bob got inside, Daryl leading them. I went with them. The entire place looked almost untouched. I looked around the shop. I smiled as I looked around.

We eventually made it to the veterinary hospital. We took our bags and quickly looked through everything. I found some antibiotics, rubbing alcohol, and bandages. We grabbed everything we could. I found a few books too, since my bag wasn't full I figured I could grab stuff in the interest of the group. Something for the people in quarantine to do, the children as well. We got on the move. Walkers came out of a doorway and we started to run. We moved through an exit door only to find more walkers waiting for us behind another. I kept my gun aimed at the door we entered in while they figured out a solution. They finally opened the door and
I followed them in. I held the back as we ran down the hall. I helped Bob as he knocked down chairs and furniture to block them off. I fired a shot into one of them.

"There's no exit!" Michonne yelled at the rest of us.

"Then make one! I don't have enough ammo for all of them!" I yelled back. I fired a shot. I backed up as they came closer and closer. I heard glass breaking. I fired another shot and let Daryl help me up and out onto some kind of base. My bag was caught by Tyrese and he handed it back to me. I smiled as Bob came flying out the window followed by Daryl. Bob's bag went over the edge, he didn't let go of it. "Bob, drop the bag!"

"No!" He kept fighting for it. We all helped him pull it up. When we got it, it hit the base underneath us it clanked. A bottle rolled out. I sat by the window and stabbed a few walkers in the head, ones that were crawling up.

"If you touch one drop of this before our people get the medicine. I'll best your ass into the ground." Daryl threatened before motioning for us to follow up. We did and found a car. I dug through my bag to find the medication. I took all the bags to sort out what we got.

"-icillin, -cin, rubbing, bandages." I listed off the things as I looked it over."Perfect."

"Y/n, lets get moving." Michonne called out to me. I quickly separated the medicine between bags. I smiled and pulled them into my hands. "Need some help?"

"Nope. I got it. They're all organized by what they are. Rubbing alcohol, anything that ends in -cillin, those ending in -cin, then bandages and wrappings." I pointed to each bag with a smile. I let Michonne open the trunk for me and I tossed the bags in. "Everyone got everything?"

"Yep." Tyreese.

"Yeah." Michonne.

"Yes." Bob answered too. He knew we were all angry with him. Every one of us.

"Mmhm." Daryl answered too.

———

We went home in silence. The entire car ride was silent. When we got back it was a mess. There was a fence down. Rick looked like a damn mess.

"Shane? Is he okay?" I looked at Rick and Carl.

"Sasha too?" Tyrese looked at me. I nodded.

"I- I don't know I'm sorry." Rick looked tired and frustrated I wasn't mad. Not at all. I shook my head and grabbed a bag.

"Go ahead we got this." Daryl dismisses both me and Tyrese. I shook my head while he ran off.

"He's going to need when I get there." I swallowed and nodded at bob to show us the way. We ran up through the prison to Cell Block A. My heartbeat like a drum as I looked through the bottom of the cell block for Shane. "Shane!" I heard light coughing from up the stairs. I rushed up and saw Maggie and Hershel working on Glenn, I saw another set of hands and peeled in. "You're okay."

"What? Yeah. Help us get him on the bed." Shane was as fine as Hershel. I chuckled and nodded. I helped them get Glenn right into the bed while Maggie used the ventilator. Shane smiled at me when we finished. I hugged him tight. "Hi."

"Hi, love." I smiled into his chest as he held me tight. I couldn't stop smiling. "Everything is going to be okay."

"Yeah. Yeah it is." Shane mumbled as he kissed the top of my head. I chuckled with a sad smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." Shane was okay. That's all that mattered.