Chapter Thirty-One- Meanwhile

"Fuck you." I fired a shot into a walker's head. "Fuck you too." I did it again. I was surrounded by walkers. I didn't stop until they were all dead. I took a deep breath. I saw the sun was going down. I walked back to Alexandria. I whistled up and saw Spencer peek over. He climbed down after a minute and opened the gate.

"You look- good?" Spencer looked at me. I was covered in blood and guts. "Want me to walk with you?"

"If you want to. I can find my way back to the house just fine." I smiled as I pulled the button up over my stomach when the cold air hit me.

"C'mon, I know a shortcut." Spencer motioned for me to come with. I smiled and did so. We walked through the houses right up the the stairs of the house my group was staying in. "Here we are."

"Thank you, kind sir. The gesture was much appreciated." I bowed slightly with a laugh. I saw the door peek open.

"Y/n, are you going to stand there or come inside?" Abraham was holding back a smile as he looked at Spencer and I.

"Oh my god!" I rolled my eyes. I stormed up the steps. "I'm sorry Spencer, my father is a bit of a prude. Spencer, darling. I'll see you later, for the history project, right?"

"Yes, of course Y/n. For the history project. Good night fair lady!" Spencer bowed as he slowly backed up. I laughed and went inside to see Abraham laughing at my 'father' comment. Rosita was joining in with him.

"You guys are terrible." I shook my head as I looked around to see everyone laughing. "Anyway, how is everyone settling in?"

"We all got jobs, most of us anyway. Deanna just left twenty minutes ago." Tara spoke up. I nodded with a smile. "You?"

"Pantry with Olivia, wall too." I smiled and sat against a wall. Sasha tossed me a bottle of water and I took a drink. Rick walked into the room with Shane. That's when I realized they both shaved with haircuts. I spit the water out causing everyone to laugh. "Holy shit." Rick took a deep breath like it was weird. "It looks good." Shane smiled gently as he walked over next to me. Everyone started to talk amongst themselves.

"Before you get mad, I'm not letting you sleep by the door alone." Shane looked me in the eye. I smiled for a minute then it fell. I watched Shane's face look at me in shock. I shoved him a bit and laid all the way down as everyone started to quite down and close their eyes. I watched the ceiling. My eyes closed with a smile plastered on my face. We're going to be fine. Of course we are.

———

In the morning I walked to the wall to find Spencer talking to another guy.

"Spencer." I smiled as I walked up to him. He smiled and said something to the other guy before looking at me. "Did you get your part of the research done? I didn't quite finish mine."

"Been busy all morning. Tobin, this is Y/n. Y/n, Tobin." Spencer introduced me. I smiled and shook Tobin's hand.

"Nice to meet you sir." I let go of the man's hand. "Spencer, Deanna asked me to work on the wall. She said you'd introduce me to the wall crew?"

"Right! She mentioned that. Well, there's Tobin, Nicholas, myself, and sometimes the construction crew takes shift. Usually just us three though." Spencer looked at me with a smile plastered on his face. I nodded.

"I have to go talk to Olivia, see when she wants me working. Then I can tell you what shifts and how long I can take." I looked at Spencer and Tobin.

"Well, Spence. I'm going to let you show Y/n the armory and all of that I'm going to take watch." Tobin patted Spencer on the back then whispered something in his ear. "Nice meeting you, Y/n."