Chapter Twenty-Five- Separation

Shane. He wouldn't let go of my hand. Something about Abraham being superior in masculinity. I'm not sure, but it was cute. We found Maggie, Sasha, and Bob. Abraham, Rosita and Eugene tried to leave us, but they came back. When we made it to Terminus I found my way out of one of the nastiest situations I could ever be in.

"Put your fucking hands up!" Gareth yelled as everyone put their hands up but me. He had a gun to my head.

"I'm pregnant! Okay! I'm pregnant!" I yelled. Shane paused and so did the yelling. I looked up at Gareth, tall, scruffy, unattractive. "I know! I know! It's stupid, but- but I'm pregnant okay? So, please. Don't- don't do anything to hurt me. Please."

"In this you- you're kidding." Gareth laughed and signaled for his men to grab me. I looked back at Shane trying to fight to grab me, but it was useless. I kept my head down as I sobbed.

I watched the sky as it turned dark. I was put here away from everyone so I could have the "baby" and join the survivors here. I had to find a way to get everyone out, I wasn't actually pregnant and it wouldn't take long to figure out.
I listened as footsteps approached me. I turned around to see Gareth, the guy who runs Terminus, standing above me.

"May I sit?" He pointed to the spot next to me. I nodded and kept looking up. "Shane, that's your husband?"

"Yes." I kept my answers short and to the point. I didn't want to explain anything to this lunatic.

"You've been here a week, I haven't seen you puke once." Gareth put his hand on top of mine. I tended up. "Relax I'm not going to hurt you."

"I don't get sick. Never have." Liar. I couldn't contain my thoughts. My heart stung as I spoke.

"Good because if you're lying to me, I'm going to have to kill you." Gareth put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my head. "Tomorrow I'm going kill Bob, Daryl, Glenn, and Rick. They are the most dangerous."

"Please don't, we can walk away from this. Send us back out there. Just- Just please." I begged Gareth. He chuckled and took my chin into his gritty palm.

"Sorry, I can't do that. It gives you too much power over us." He shook my head of of his hand and started to walk away. "Get some sleep. Long day tomorrow." He closed the door to the room, leaving me in there. I nodded with a sigh.

"They won't die. I know them to well." I sighed and got on the bed. I closed my eyes.

I spun around as my dress flew in the wind. The perfect wedding dress. I couldn't shake the smile off my face. I looked in the mirror a final time.

"Carol, what do you think?" I looked back, she had a bright smile on her face. I chuckled with a nod. "This is it isn't it? I'll marry him in this." My heart was racing.

"You look happy." Maggie smiled at me as she leaned against the doorframe. I could hear children's laughter behind her. I smiled. "Quite down!"

"How old are they now?" I stepped back to Carol. She unzipped my dress and helped me out of it. I quickly put back on my black jeans and open top shirt.

"Carson is four and Juliette is six." Maggie smile as she looked back. I nodded. "Glenn wants another."

"Another?" Carol laughed out. I followed suit. "After Sophia, I was done."

"I want three, Shane wants two. So, none are left out." I groaned as the sales lady came in.

"Did you like this one?" She smiled at me. I read her name tag, Lizzie. I smiled with a nod.

"It's perfect. I'll pay for it at the register." I looked at her with a smile. She took the dress with her to the register. I took in the cream colored walls, trimmed with white. I couldn't stop smiling since Shane proposed in that gas station, of places. "It's really happening." I beamed.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I could hear a faint yelling outside. I stood up and looked out the window. There were walkers surrounding all the buildings. I tried the door handle, but it was locked. My only way out was the window. I had to find the group. They weren't going to survive through this if I didn't help them. I hit the glass once firmly to see how strong it was. I looked at the small nightstand and nodded.

"You'll have to do." I dropped all my weight onto the nightstand causing it to break. I grabbed one of the boards and hucked it at the glass. It shattered. I grabbed a wooden leg for any walker that approached me, if I smelt like them I could walk with them. I snuck my way around through the buildings. I kept searching for the group. Behind one door, nothing. Behind another door, nothing again. I opened a door to an armory. I grabbed my knives, two guns, and as I grabbed a rifle the door opened. I pointed a pistol at the lady. "Carol?" I gasped. She smiled and nodded.

"C'mon. We don't have a lot of time." Carol grabbed Daryl's crossbow and a rifle. I took a deep breath and looked at Carol. "What?"

"Rick kicked you out. Why'd you come back to save us?" I tapped my foot as I looked at her. She smiled and looked at me.

"You're family, now let's go." Carol motioned for me to follow her. I did. She went left and sent me right. I  ran towards some stacked train carts, I heard yelling. I felt my arm be grabbed. I put my gun up to their head. My smile shot up as I made eye contact with Rick.

"Long time no see sheriff." I pulled him into a hug. "Where's everyone else?" I looked around to see just a few of them. Rick, Daryl, Bob, Glenn. Rick motioned for me to follow. I handed Rick a gun with a nod. We got moving once everyone had a gun. I followed them past more train cars and threw buildings. We got to a train car, after we picked up more guns we opened it up and we fought our way to the fence. Shane made sure I got out before him. We wandered into the woods. Shane pulled me back and hugged me with a bright smile.

"You're pregnant?" Shane grabbed my waist and looked me in the eye. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No- no, I- I hoped it would save us. So," I smiled and cupped Shane's cheeks. He looked between my eyes. Suddenly I was lifted up. I laughed as Shane spun me around. Drawing the attention of the group. "You're a jerk." I laughed as I kissed Shane.

"You love me." Shane chuckled as he put his head in the crook of my neck. I shook my head and laughed.

"You seem way to sure about that." I laughed and clung onto him. "I love you, Walsh."

"I love you too, Walsh." Shane kisses my head as the group started moving. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to catch up. Hopefully there was something good in store for us next.