Chapter Eighteen- The Woods

I'd come with Phillip and Merle for a few nights. If I hated it I'd go back to my house, alone. No questions asked.

"You're wrong!" I laughed as I rolled my head back. Phillip's hand found my thigh. I shot my head forward and glared at him. "This is why you're wrong!" I moved his hand as I shook my head.

"Fine." Phillip sighed as he slowed the truck. We turned onto another road watching as something in the sky fell right down into a cluster of trees about two, maybe three miles away. My heart sank. I held myself steady as the radio went off.

"You see that, Gov?" The radio blared. "We gonna go-" It cut off as Phillip turned the truck that direction. I smiled to myself slightly.

"Walkers are probably going that way, best get there quick. They'll be a swarm if we're not quick." I sighed as we drove quickly toward the 'crash'.

"You're right." Phillip pulled up quickly to the accident. A helicopter crash. I was the first out, I jogged over to the accident gun on my hip, one knife in my shoe another on my other on my thigh, at least those being the ones clear to the eye. I pulled the one out of my thigh and looked around the crash. Couple of walkers, and supplies. I dug through the supplies for anything still of value. I found a few weapons, a knife, and two guns- .22's to be exact. I picked them up and checked the mags. Full. I turned around to see Phillip watching me. I heard walkers and smiled.

"Mind holding these?" I handed the guns to him and brushed past towards the walkers. I saw Martinez holding up a bat to hit one. "Calling it." I sang out the words and flipped the new knife up in the air before catching it again. "Nice." I whispered before throwing it right at the walkers head. I chuckled as it fell to the ground. I bent over walking towards the other one, grabbing the knife again. The walker grabbed at me and I ducked and moved causing it to trip onto it's face. I quickly stepped on the back of its knee and stabbed it in the head.

"Holy shit." One of the guys said. He looked impressed. I popped my neck as I turned towards the helicopter. I watched them carry a man towards the trucks.

"Let's roll out!" Phillip motioned for me to come with him. I smiled and followed him back to the truck, only to have Merle walking up to us with a gun to two women's heads. Andrea. I spotted her passed out in the other woman's arms. I gasped as I rushed over.

"Andrea!" I spoke out the words with worry and fear in my voice. The woman holding her, her legs were shaking. I squatted down and took Andrea from her. "There we go. You're okay. You are a-okay." I smiled weakly as Andrea's eyes blinked open.

"Y/n?" Her voice was faint but, it showed me she was alive.

———

We got to the town, Woodbury, or whatever it was called. I stayed with Andrea and the other lady. Of course, there was a guard. When Andrea woke up she wasn't the happiest to see me.

"You let them leave me!" Andrea yelled and I stepped back with my hands up.

"I didn't! I went back! Shane, you, Patrick, Patrica!" I held my hands up. Andrea paused and looked towards the woman. "I don't know what you thought about, what made you- you go crazy, but I did everything. In my power to find you. Hell, when I saw you I- I begged for Shane to be lurking around somewhere. We both know, he'd take you with him. He would save your ass just to make damn sure you were okay." I huffed as I turned around.

"I saw him." Andrea whispered. "He was running into the woods towards the highway." Andrea sighed as she looked up at me. I turned on my heel and left the room, quite upset too.