Chapter Tweleve- Title Page

Your POV

I woke up in the car, still the same as before. I sat up and looked around. No Sophia. I swallowed and got out. I looked around and there was nothing. Not even a walker. I dug through some cars and found some more supplies to bring back, or leave with. I shook my head and looked in one more car. I saw a knife and grabbed it. I smiled. It looked just like my Dad's before he passed away.

"Well, at least I have a weapon." I held onto it tight and adjusted the backpack full of stuff. I looked around making sure I wasn't surrounded by walkers. I stood on top of the cruiser and there was still nothing. I sighed.

"Y/n!" My name was beging shouted and I got down. I crouched behind the car and saw Daryl approaching. I stood up showing myself. He pointed his crossbow at me. When he recognized me his entire body relaxed. "What the hell? Did you just think you could disappear and no one would care?"

"No, I just needed some time to think. I know what I want to do now." I smiled weakly and held my knife tight. Daryl raised an eyebrow. "I want to leave. The world has ended and there is a whole world I've yet to see. I've never even left Georgia!"

"No. I'm not letting you leave." Daryl shook his head and I chuckled.

"You don't get to deci- what the hell happened to your eye?" I noticed the black eye, dried blood under his nose.

"Your boyfriend looks worse than me." Daryl smiled and I groaned.

"God damnit. I have to take care of you still? Daryl, you are almost forty-five." I stormed past him towards the farm.

"You won't be able to if you leave." Daryl sneered and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." I scoffed with a half smile.

———

Once we got to the farm I suffered through a hard lecture from Rick about leaving. It ended with a hug and a smile. I walked right to my tent after to find Shane hugging the hoodie he gave me. It was tear soaked and the note I'd left him was soaked too. When he saw me relief flushed his entire face. He grabbed me and pulled me into his chest. Hugging me. Holding me. When I tried to pull away he didn't let me.

"Shane. Let go." I huffed and he finally did.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, sorry." Shane's face was tear soaked. His eyes were glossy ready to spill. I reached up and wiped a stray tear away. "You could have died and it would have been my fault."

"I almost left. I will eventually. I- I don't want you to feel obligated to stick around me." I managed to whisper my words. Shane shook his head and took my face in his hands.

"I don't want you to leave. You didn't let me finish yesterday. Hell, you didn't even let me start." Shane's voice was strong. I pulled away from him and shook my head. Tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I don't care. I can't do anymore circles with you, hell I refuse to. Save it for someone who cares." I grabbed my bag and left the tent before he could say anything else. Tears started to fall and I looked around, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Daryl.

"You're staying with me for a while." The small smile that came after his words had me nodding. It wasn't a second guess, it was what it was. Daryl decided for me and I wasn't about to argue. Not now, probably not ever. I walked with Daryl to his campsite. I set my bag down and he looked at me.

"I know what you are going to say." I tapped my foot and avoided eye contact.

"No you don't." Daryl lifted up my chin to look at him. "I want to know what the hell is going on between you and Shane. Details."