Chapter Twenty-Four- Soft Spot

I threw the body onto the trailer. I stretched my body out.

"Fuck, how do they expect us to do this free labor shit?" I groaned and picked up another body tossing it onto the trailer. Michonne laughed.

"What you want cookie?" She laughed and tossed another body too. I found myself actually laughing at her comment.

"I haven't had an actual cookie in ages. I'd kill for one." I picked up the last body and threw it. I twisted my back, pop, pop, pop. Right up my spine.

"I'd kill for a nice new piece of art." Michonne chuckled and I nodded.

"This place could be so much prettier if we had," I thought for a moment. "A mural. Some paints or maybe even hair dye would work. Paint some walls, even if we just could do handprints along the wall. Anything, but red." I figured out what I wanted to do. I had already put my mind to it. I'd get it done. I'd do it.

"You're going to do it aren't you?" Michonne looked at me with a laugh. I nodded and started to run back inside. "Have fun!"

———

"It's going to be alright! Rick is handling it! I know- I know it's scary! Just grab a few of your things and be prepared to leave in short notice!" I called through A Block. "I'll be back!" I called out again. "Glenn. Keep them in order. Shane with me." I motioned for Shane to follow me. We rushed through the tombs to get to cell block C, where people were panicking.

"Y/n! Shane! What was that? What do we do!" One of the ladies looked at me. I smiled and put my hands on top of hers.

"It's all going to work out just fine." I watched her nod as Shane called out.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Shane yelled. I shook my head and smiled.

I watched as Phillip sliced off Hershel's head with Michonne's sword. I ran inside the minute I could. There was nothing else I could do but, make sure everyone was safe.

I got everyone from every cell blocks to the bus. Everyone I could. Some wouldn't leave. Some ran at the first sight of danger. I found Judith by herself outside. I picked her up and started running. I looked around for Shane. I came face to face with Martinez.

"Holy shit." I stuttered as I held onto Judith. There wasn't a single thing I could do.

"You're alive." Martinez looked at me with a smile. I chuckled and looked at him. I watched him go flying into the ground when a fist punched him. Shane. Again.

"I said stay the fuck away from my wife!" Shane yelled as he punched him over and over again. His fist connected with his face over and over again. I saw Tyrese running with Lizzie and Mika.

"Ty!" I yelled. I handed him Judith with a smile. "Take them. Keep them safe." I smiled as I looked at the girls. "You listen to Tyrese. Got it? Now go!"

"Y/n, be safe." Tyrese looked at me as he took off running with the girls. I waited with Shane until he was done beating Martinez's brains in.

"Shane. It's time to go." I put my hand on Shane's back. He stood up and looked over Martinez. He was almost dead. I shook my head and grabbed Shane's hand running out of the prison. We didn't stop running until we were safe. We got to small shack off the highway and went inside. I drew my gun and Shane drew his, it was some kind of store before the turn. The entire place was clear of walkers, supplies too. Just small tools and knives. Shane came out of the back room when he saw me sitting on the counter.

⚠️⚠️
"You look wildly sexy right now." Shane chuckled as he came over and stood in front of me. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck.