Chapter Seven- Spanish Love

This : ⚠️⚠️ means there is a sex scene or a very disturbing scent up ahead. Be advised!

"Lori!" I called as I jogged over to Lori. She'd just finished talking to Rick and Shane about something. It looked painfully vindictive.

"Yes?" Lori was obviously pissed or annoyed. Most likely somewhere in between.

"You got a second?" I smiled and hugged as I leaned against the RV.

"Walk with me to get Jim some water, we'll talk." Lori motioned for me to follow her and we walked over to the water.

"So, something happened with Shane." I bit my lip and Lori smiled as she looked towards me. "We may have kissed, I don't know what it means but- he was telling me all about me, if that makes sense? He was being so nice about it. Like-"

"So y'all haven't slept together?" Lori chuckled as we walked back to the RV. I shook my head and chuckled. "Speaking of your knight in shining armor- he keeps talking about Rick and I- our marriage."

"Really? Think he's in love with you?" I smiled and nudged her. Lori handed the bottle to Carol who was waiting by the RV.

"Thank you, Carol." Lori smiled as Carol took the water in to Jim. "Maybe. I'm so pissed at him."

"For Rick coming back?" I looked down and Lori nodded. "Lori- I have to tell you the truth."

"About what?" Lori looked at me confused. I looked back up and met her eyes.

"I knew Rick wasn't dead, but before anything hear me out." I saw a flash of disappointment in Lori's eyes. Followed by anger. "We couldn't get him and ourselves out alive. They were shooting every single person who wasn't already dead. After they did, the walkers came down the hall- we blocked the door with a bed and ran. Lori- I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry."

"You're telling me- you knew my husband was alive and you didn't tell me? You lied to me?" Lori was pissed off. She shook her head and stormed off. I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head looking down. God damnit.

- - -

The next morning we officially decided to go to the C.D.C, Shane gave in and we listened.

"Alright everybody listen up!" Shane called as we stood around our packed up vehicles. "Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now, you got a problem, don't have a C.B, can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?"

"We're uh... we're not going." Morales looked around at us and sighed. Silence filled the air and I nodded.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Morales' wife spoke up, we made eye contact I smiled.

"You go on your own, won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane spoke up before I could.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales looked at me and I felt myself tear up a bit.

"You sure?" I looked at the entire family.

"We talked about it. We're sure." Morales looked at me and I sighed wiping my eyes.

"Alright, Shane." Rick looked at Shane and they discussed a gun. Pulling it out and handing it to Morales.

"Thank you all for everything." Morales' wife smiled and hugged Lori. I stepped forward and looked up at Morales with tears in my eyes.

"I guess I won't be learning much more Spanish, will I?" I chuckled and Morales nodded. I reached up and hugged him. "I have a feeling, we'll meet again." I whispered and let go of him.