Chapter 14

Bakugo POV

I'm getting pissed off. How the hell did Deku win first place in the obstacle race. First it was just me and Icyhot battling to be first, then Deku came along and ruined everything. And I ended up getting fucking third place!

Then there was the cavalry battle. And I lost to that damn Icyhot bastard. At least it wasn't Deku who beat me though. But still, second place is just first place for fucking losers like all the other extras who are below me.

And now there's the fighting tournament. . . which I am definitely going to win. No matter what. In the first round Deku was up first against some guy with purple hair. I didn't really care. It's not like he would end up winning anyway.

Midoriya POV

I can't believe I have to fight Shinso. It's kinda unfair. I know his quirk and he knows mine. If he was fighting anyone else, then it would be an easy win. I know he's probably going to try and talk to me. He knows that I'm not going to answer though.

"BEGIN!"

Shinso looked slightly upset. But tried anyway. "You know I don't find this fair at all. You already know my quirk, and I know that you're not going to answer anything I say." He chuckled. "I might as well quit now. You've been training yourself crazy for months to get into this school and to be in the hero course. We both know you're a lot stronger than I am." He sighed. "You can easily beat me just by force and just with your quirk in general. So, I'll save myself from getting somewhat hurt and let you take the win. You wanted to be in the hero course, so let me make it easier for you, okay?" He turned around, his head hanging low.

I wasn't sure if my plan was going to work or not. And this could cost me the win but. . . I can't just let Shinso give up like that.

I made a mist version of myself with my quirk. I had never done this before, but I made that clone solid. If you looked closely you could tell it was made out of mist but from a couple feet away, it looked like the real thing. I clouded the mist around the actual me to make it look like only the clone was there. I made it run up to Shinso just as he was about to walk over the line, and end the round.

"DON'T JUST GIVE UP ON YOURSELF LIKE THAT!" I/the clone yanked him back by the shirt. His eyes widened and he took the opportunity and used his quirk.

I didn't know his quirk would end up going to me. The clone of myself became normal. Meaning it was obvious it was made from mist. Different colors were swirling around the clone; the colors of the UA gym uniform it was wearing. It also did a weird glitchy thing and glitched back to my side. I was frozen. Standing in place, waiting for Shinso to give me a command.

He smirked and walked up to me. "So. . . " He stopped a couple feet away. "You wanted to use your quirk thinking that if you tried to make it yell at me, my quirk wouldn't have an affect on you. Smart plan, but one fault. If the clone is you, and you make it yell with your voice, it's you who's replying. Not the clone.

Oh. That explains why it went to me.

He continued talking. "Okay. So that means my plan worked. Get you all worked up, leave a question hanging in the air. I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Which is probably why you're a much better person than I am. Always trying to help others." He sighed and went back to his normal bored expression. "Sorry about this, but. . . go walk out of bounds."

I turned around and started walking towards the white line.

This can't be happening! He tricked me?! That smart little asshole. I'll have to slap him then give him a hug after this is over. But, is there anything I can do?

Wait. . . is my clone still there?

OH MY GODS! IF THIS CAN WORK

How I control my quirk is all about the mind and what I want it to do. So I decided to try and call it over. I couldn't exactly see if was working or not. I couldn't hear the crowd around me. Only my heartbeat. Then there was a hand on my arm. And I broke free. I was right at the line and was about to put my foot over it. But I pulled back and ended up falling on my ass. I quickly got up and looked over at Shinso who had a stunned expression. Then I looked over at my clone. "Push him out of bounds."

It ran over to Shinso and started pushing hard. Shinso fought back and even tried to punch it, only to find his fist going straight through. Then he was out, and the crowd cheered. I walked over to Shinso, and offered a hand shake. "Sorry about that."

He smiled slightly at me. "Sorry I tricked you. I didn't think it was actually going to work." he took my hand.

I chuckled. "I didn't think it would end up on me. And I didn't expect my plan of getting out of it would work."

He laughed quietly. "I'll be rooting for you in your next round."

"Thanks."

Bakugo POV

How the fuck did he win?!?!?

AND THAT'S THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!!! SORRY IT'S SLIGHTLY SHORTER THAN OTHERS BUT I WASN'T SURE IF I SHOULD'VE CONTINUED WITH THAT SCENE ANYMORE BUT OH WELL!!! Sports festival shall be continued in the next onneee so stay tuned! SEE YA LATER HAVE A NICE NIGHT OR DAY!!

-Theo-