55 1/2. Ant-Man

Everly dragged her fingers gently across the pebbles on the rooftop below her. Her legs dangled freely over the edge she sat on as she drew in a deep breath of fresh air, her eyes curiously exploring the tree line. The sun's light showered her in a warmth that flooded her every inch with an overwhelming sense of calm. It was so peaceful sitting on that rooftop, which she often took advantage of when given the chance. She leaned back, propping herself up with her arms as her eyes fluttered shut. A groan pushed past her lips as a mechanical whirring grew louder in her ears until a gust of wind blew a bit of hair into her face. She opened her eyes and slowly stood to her feet to see Sam suited up behind her.

"What's up?" She sent him a questioning look as he stepped forward, his expression serious.

"I had a sensor trip but I'm not seeing anything." He answered, his eyes wandering the empty rooftop from behind the red tinted goggles. He frowned. "Wait a second." Everly turned to where he was staring and peeked back at Sam suspiciously. "I can see you."

She jumped as a man suddenly appeared before them. He wore a suit composed of gray and a dark red color. The man tapped a button on the side of his oddly shaped helmet and the mask flipped open to reveal his face. Everly's wide eyes briefly met his as he glanced between the two.

"Hi." He said nervously as he shifted his weight between his feet. "I'm Scott." He waved.

"Hi..." Everly rose a questioning brow.

Sam appeared both unenthused and unimpressed. "What are you doing here?"

"First off," Scott gestured to the pair. "I'm a big fan." A smile threatened to spill over her face as she watched the stranger's anxious behavior. Sure he wasn't supposed to be there, but he didn't seem to pose too big of a threat.

"Appreciate it." Sam replied with a blank expression. "So, who the hell are you." Scott shifted his stance and stood a bit taller.

"I'm Ant-Man." Was his confident answer. Everly cocked her head aside, still staring oddly at the man. She didn't exactly know what to think of him.

Sam tried his best not to laugh. "Ant-Man?"

"What? You haven't heard of me?" Scott returned, squinting the sunlight from his eyes. Everly couldn't figure out why she was so surprised. What made her assume the Avengers were the only heroes out there? He shook his head lightly. "No, you wouldn't have heard of me."

"You wanna tell me what you want?"

Scott's demeanor changed once again and his confidence was quickly replaced with nervous gestures. "I was hoping I could grab a piece of technology. Just for a few days. I'm gonna return it." He hurried. "I need it to save the world. You know how that is." .

"I know exactly how that is." Sam responded as he moved toward the man. He held his hand in front of his face as he spoke into the radio on his wrist. "Located the breach. Bringing him in."

"Sam, maybe we can-"

"Sorry about this!" Scott said quickly as the mask fell back over his face. Everly's eyes widened again as he shrunk down to the size of an ant. 

He jumped into the air and socked Sam in the face, sending him flying backward. He caught himself with his wings and swooped down to the lawn where the fight continued. Everly hurried down from the rooftop and ran across the grass when Sam landed swiftly in front of her. He stomped the ground a few times, his head flinging back and forth as if he'd been punched in the face. He plucked a pair of guns from their holsters and fired randomly in front of him.

"Look, I'm sorry about this! Sorry." She scanned the ground for the voice when Sam smashed his fist into the dirt.

"That's enough!" He shouted as he tossed his fist through the air one more time. Everly flinched when a full-sized Scott rolled across the grass, quickly scraping himself off the ground. He and Sam fought for a while before Wilson flew him into the air. He shrunk to free himself of the Avenger's hold and jumped atop his shoulders when he landed on the ground. Scott threw all his weight back, smashing Sam straight into the dirt.

Everly stepped forward and latched onto the stranger's shoulder from behind. "Sorry." She said as she spun him around to face her and delivered a blow to his face. He stumbled back and she watched his eyes widen in surprise behind the mask. "You seem like a nice guy." She shrugged, bending over backward when a gloved fist flew over her face. She jumped into the air and spun around, kicking him across the face next. 

"I totally get it." He breathed as he fell to a kneeling position, but quickly shrank down when she drew nearer. A blow to her chest sent her rolling backward across the lawn, though she quickly bounced to her feet. She couldn't help the smile that spilled across her lips when he became large again.

"That suit is awesome." She let out a puff of air from her cheeks as her chest heaved.

"Thanks." He beamed as he bounced on his toes. He turned to see Sam once again heading straight for him. "Uh... gotta go." He hurried as he vanished.

Everly followed behind Sam as he flew over to a garage door of the compound. It slid open and he walked inside, his hands curled into fists at his sides. It was only a matter of seconds before he came soaring back out the door. Everly ducked just on time to avoid being hit as he flailed about through the air.

"He's inside my pack!" He cried as he crash landed across the field. Everly hurried over to him just as he sprung to his feet, his eyes immediately scanning the area for the miniature man. He sighed in defeat and slipped the busted goggles from his face.

"It's really important to me that Cap never finds out about this." 

A/N

Omg I love lil Scotty so much.