69. Should've Gone For the Head

A loud crash sounded from across the field and Everly gasped in surprise when all of the aliens attacking her were thrown aside, lightning consuming them. She let out a deep breath and pushed herself off of the ground, scooping up her blade as she stood. Her eyes widened in the slightest and a grin tugged at the corners of her mouth. There stood Thor, a giant axe occupying Mjolnir's place in his hand. The ground beneath his feet was scorched with the familiar pattern of the Bifrost. Her face scrunched up in confusion when a raccoon hopped off of Thor's shoulder, a gun perched in his tiny hands. A tree-like figure stepped out from behind him, anger carved into its wooden features.

"You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce's voice echoed across the field and Everly scoffed. Thor hesitated only a moment before his gaze locked onto Thanos's pair of minions. He started toward them, quickly gaining speed with his every step.

"Bring me Thanos!" He demanded. The raccoon and the stick hurried after him, each letting out a battle cry of their own. He bounded into the air, streaks of blue lightning encircling him and filling his eyes. Everly jumped as he crashed to the ground once more, slamming his axe against the dirt. Thunder cracked across the sky as a wave of blue electricity instantly downed any of the alien creatures around him.

Everly shook her head amusedly and tightened her fingers around the handle of her blade. She spun around, swinging it over her head just on time to slice an alien in two. She watched where, in the distance, the ogre-like man batted soldiers away with his hammer just before T'Challa drove a fist into his face. She plunged her blade through the chest of another of the creatures, kicking it away to start for the next.

"Come on! Get some! Get some!" She followed the voice to see Bucky spinning in circles, the raccoon in his left hand and a gun in his right. Both of them fired non-stop at the approaching aliens.

"It talks?" She breathed, eyebrows furrowed as she continued fighting despite having no idea what she was doing. She didn't have any specific tactic or plan, just kill anything that tries to kill her.  She flinched when one of the creatures flew just over her head. She turned around to see both Thor, and Steve panting as they watched the battle around them.

"New haircut?" Steve asked, chest heaving. Everly snickered.

"Notice you've copied my beard." Thor returned, petting his own. He held his axe out beside him. "By the way, this is a friend of mine, Tree." The wooden man's arm stretched out and pierced the chests of three aliens, lifting them into the air. 

"I am Groot!" The tree growled. Steve motioned to himself and let out a deep breath.

"I am Steve Rogers."

Everly smirked, shaking her head lightly as she stepped toward them. Steve's eyes flicked to her and a bit of relief washed over his features. She opened her mouth to speak but frowned when the ground began to rumble once more. The far tree-line collapsed as something beneath the dirt grew closer to the barrier. She took a single step back when it dug straight beneath the protection of the dome and popped up on the other side. Her eyes grew wide and her stomach dropped at the sight of what appeared to be numerous, gigantic saw blades rolling toward them, dirt spraying into the blue sky. 

"Fall back!" T'Challa cried. "Fall back, now!"

Each of the spinning blades sped off in different directions, as did Steve, Everly, and Thor. She didn't make it far however before she fell back into steady fighting, the onslaught of aliens quickly beginning to exhaust her. From the corner of her eye she noticed red wisps flinging the creatures all about. A sick feeling settled in her stomach when she finally spotted Wanda across the field, though she was supposed to stay with Vision.