32. The Iron Patriot Problem

Everly's heart sank at the sight of the man before her. Tony stared down at the floor, making not a sound, only adding to the eerie silence of the room. Everly sat up as straight as possible and sighed.

"She's going to be okay, Tony." She said. He nodded in the slightest, but didn't shift his gaze from the floor. Everly yanked against her ropes once more, and finally realized the feel of a few strands breaking loose. She furrowed her eyebrows and was about to say something more when a pair of guards walked through the door. One of the men plopped down in a chair, kicked up his feet, and took a bite from the apple in his hand. The other took a seat on the stairs, looking down at Everly and Tony. A beeping came from the table in the center of the room. Tony's head snapped up at the sound, recognizing it to be the pink watch from Harley. The guard scooted his chair over to the table and grabbed the Dora watch, studying it.

"Careful there, it's a limited edition." Tony interrupted. Everly scoffed and squirmed a bit more, the ropes loosening more by the second. The man shook the watch, annoyed of the beeping. The second guard stood to his feet.

"Hey, uh, ponytail express." Tony nodded in his direction. "What's the mileage count between Tennessee and Miami?"

"832 miles." He answered quickly.

"Very nice." Everly smirked.

"I'm good like that." He told his approaching partner, the beeping of the watch still filling the room. "Can you uh, stop that?"

"Break it, you bought it." The guard let it fall to the floor and hesitated a few seconds before crushing it beneath his shiny black shoe. 

"I think I bought it." He mumbled.

"Okay, that wasn't mine to give away. That belongs to my friend's sister. And that's why I'm gonna kill you first." Tony said plainly. Everly grinned. He had a plan.

"What are you gonna do to me?"

"You'll see."

"You're zip-tied to a bed." He deadpanned.

"This." Tony flicked his wrists, obviously waiting for something to happen. But nothing did. Everyone was silent, and the guards looked around the room as if perhaps they were missing something. Tony furrowed his eyebrows and tried again. "That." Everly rolled her eyes and went back to work on her own ropes, which were painfully close to being loose enough to escape.

"Wow. I think I just shit myself." One of the guards chuckled, elbowing the other playfully.

"Trust me, you're going to be in a puddle of blood on the floor on the ground in five, four, three- Come on! Two..."

"How did we get this shift?"

"Alright, I'm gonna give you a chance to escape." Tony continued, not exactly striking fear into the hearts of the men before him. It was almost a bit sad to watch. "Put down your weapons. Tie yourselves to those chairs. I'll let you live. In five, four, bang!" He flicked his wrists once more, rattling the bed-frame. The guards flinched.

"Wow. That was..."

"You should be gone by now. You should've already been gone." Everly added, finally slipping her hands out. She kept them behind her back however, waiting for the right time to make a move.

"I am just beyond terrified." The pony-tailed man said plainly, keeping his gun fixed on Tony.

"Here it comes. Three, four-"

"Shut up."

"Five-four-three-two-one." Everly bounced to her feet as something crashed through the window, sending shards of glass flying across the room. The metal piece latched onto Tony's left hand, breaking the zip-tie.