79. Camp Lehigh, 1970

Everly rolled her eyes when Steve swiftly landed on the ground with ease. She leaned over the metal railing and huffed.

"How do you always make it look so-" She landed beside him, stumbling ever so slightly. "Elegant?" She finished.

"Cap." 

Everly spun around and adjusted her grip on the scepter. Her eyes landed on a dusty old car where Tony sat in the driver's seat propping his head up with his hand. Scott sat in the back seat directly behind him, both of them looking utterly defeated.

"Sorry, buddy, we got a problem." Tony mumbled, dragging a hand down his face.

"Yeah, we do." Lang scoffed. Stark peered annoyedly over his shoulder as Scott popped open his door and slipped into the outside world. "We lost the cube." Everly cringed and stared at the pair in disbelief. This had been their one chance to get the stones.

"Well," She shrugged, dropping her arms back at her sides. "What are we gonna do now?" She breathed.

"You know what? Give me a break, Evelyn. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Tony remarked, rubbing his forehead as he slowly cracked his door open.

"You said that we had one shot." Scott hurried as he paced back and forth worriedly. "This was our shot." Everly sighed and tipped her head back to look up into the blue sky. "We shot it. It's shot. Six Stones or nothing. It was six stones or nothing." He finished angrily, his glare locking onto Tony.

"You're repeating yourself, you know that." Stark sassed, leaning out the shattered car window. "You're repeating yourself."

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself." Lang shot back.

"Dude. Come on." Tony groaned. Scott shook his head, clearly not finished with the argument.

"No. You never wanted a time heist. You weren't on board with the time heist."

"I dropped the ball." Tony added.

"You ruined the time heist."

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah."

Everly ran a hand through her hair, her gaze flicking between the bickering men. "Can you please shut up so we can talk about this for a second?" They both fell silent and turned to look at her expectantly.

"Are there any other options with the Tesseract?" Steve asked softly.

"No, no, no, there's no other options." Scott hurried, taking a single step closer to slam his car door shut. "There's no do-overs. We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it. All right? We use that, bye-bye, you're not going home." Everly's brow knitted together when a look of realization washed over Tony's face.

"Yeah, well, if we don't try..." Steve began, pausing for a second and letting out a breath. "Then no one else is going home, either."

"I got it." Tony said quickly, eyes wide as he stepped out of the busted car. "There's another way to retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles." Everly frowned and shared an odd look with Scott as Stark stepped closer, his gaze locked onto Steve. "Little stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State." 

Steve sighed and peered down at an increasingly confused Everly. "When were they both there?" 

"They were there at a time- I have a vaguely exact idea." Stark stuttered.

"How vague?" Steve pressed.

"What are you talking about?" Scott questioned. "Where are we going?" They both ignored him and continued their conversation.