25: RIGHT HERE AND NOW

by: leighwrites (ao3)
r+e

25: RIGHT HERE AND NOW by: leighwrites (ao3)r+e

"This is bullshit." Richie complained, rifling through the rack of shirts in front of him. "Why do I need a suit anyway?"

Further down the aisle, only a couple of feet away from Richie, Eddie didn't bother to look up from the shirts he was hunting through. "Because Stan will murder you if you show up to his wedding in a pair of ripped jeans and some gross looking band shirt."

Richie opened his mouth to protest, pausing for a moment before relenting with a heavy sigh and returning to looking through the shirts in front of him. "They're not that bad..."

Though he'd been mumbling, Eddie had still caught Richie's weak defence of his clothing; barking out a laugh. "Richie, have you even seen the state of some of your clothes? We need to take you normal clothes shopping sometime." Grabbing one of the coat hangers in front of him, Eddie removed a black button up shirt from the rack and extended it towards Richie. "Here. That's pants, shirt, jacket... do you own a tie?"

Richie took the coat hanger from Eddie, draping the shirt over his arm with the pants and jacket that were already hanging there. "Not one you'd approve of, no."

"What are you - you know what, I don't want to know. Wait here."

Richie shook his head, amusement clear on his face as Eddie walked off, vanishing around the corner into one of the other aisles of the store. He hadn't meant anything dirty by it, but at this point Eddie assumed that ninety-nine percent of anything Richie said could and should be taken in a dirty manner.

"I got one too."

Richie jumped at the sudden voice, turning his attention to the only other person in the aisle. The young woman had her back to Richie as she rifled through some dresses, finally pulling a purple one from the rack and turning to face him. "Good enough for a fancy dinner date?"

"That purple kind of clashes with your hair. Did no one teach you how to colour coordinate with red hair before?"

The woman rolled her eyes with a smile, putting the dress back. "You got me. I have zero fashion sense and hair like a firetruck."

Richie laughed at that, grabbing a dress from the rack and holding it out to her. "Here. Black goes with everything. That's what Eds tell me anyway."

"That your friend?"

"Husband actually."

Before the woman could respond, Eddie was suddenly back at Richie's side with a folded white tie in his hand. "You ready to try all this on, Rich?"

Richie groaned. "Not particularly but I know you won't let me leave here until I do so let's get this over with."

The woman giggled, folding the dress neatly over her arm. "Thanks for the help. I'll let you get back to your own shopping."