38: TURN MY BONES INTO DUST

by: clayjackson (ao3)
r+e

"Hey Richie? Can you help me to the bathroom?" Eddie asked from the couch, carefully waving a weak hand at his husband

Richie hummed and looked away from the TV, looking at Eddie for a moment while his brain caught up with what Eddie said. "Of course, babe," he said with a soft smile.

The weather had been slowly getting worse all week and the skies finally opened up. The pressure drop dug deep into Eddie's loose joints and caused a nasty flare to hit. They expected it, but it didn't make it less shitty to be in pain and curled up on the couch all day, having to ask his husband to help him with things.

Richie stood up and held out his hand, waiting for Eddie to unravel himself from the blankets he'd cocooned himself into. He gently pulled Eddie to his feet, kissing his forehead as he held on to help him balance.

He tried to gently guide Eddie to the bathroom, but halfway there Eddie stumbled and Richie wasn't prepared for it. With one foot in the air, he was thrown off balance by the sudden weight Eddie put on him. They both yelped and grabbed at each other, struggling for just a few seconds before they were able to get their feet firmly back on the floor.

The ache in Eddie's bones winds it way through his limbs as he clings to Richie's arm, taking a few breaths to calm down from almost falling. "Can you get my crutches? Those might be easier," Eddie asked.

"Yeah," Richie replied as he walked over to where his crutches were propped up by the doorway. He smiled at the small silver and gold details Eddie has decorated onto them to tell which was the left from the right. It was one of those little things that was just so Eddie. 

Handling any of Eddie's mobility aids always felt intimate. Hell, more intimate than when they were just banging. His ass and cock were just his ass and cock, but his crutches were so much more than just that. The crutches were freeing for Eddie. Yeah, he still hurt, but it allowed him to be more independent. They let him get around either on days when he wanted to walk, or when he was going out on his own and didn't have Richie to push his wheelchair for him.

"Here you go, baby," Richie said as he handed the crutches to Eddie with a kiss.

"Thank you, sweetie," Eddie said back, taking his time to slot his forearms through the cuffs and grabbed the handles. The crutches shifted the weight from bearing down on Eddie's dainty ankles to his forearms, distributing the weight more evenly and stabilizing him.

Richie hovered behind Eddie as he walked to the bathroom, squeezing down the hallway with the crutches. He looked down at them, watching how Eddie moved them to walk. It was interesting how he moved on them, the way it looked like one of those steampunk styled machines people made. There was a clunky elegance that he liked.