26: JUST THE TWO OF US

by: bryzknowstheuniverse
s+e

Music thrummed through the speakers, it was some trashy trap mix of a song that seemed vaguely familiar to Eddie

Music thrummed through the speakers, it was some trashy trap mix of a song that seemed vaguely familiar to Eddie. He wormed his way through the sweaty bodies searching for a familiar face. He sighed in relief when he saw a head of messy black curls bopping along with the beat. He made his way over to Richie and saw the rest of his friends, sans Bill Denbrough, there too.

"SPAGHETTI MAN!!!" Richie cheered, the mystery liquid in his red cup sloshing over the side slightly with his movements. Stan grimaced at the mess that Richie was making, even though they weren't in his house. Eddie rolled his eyes fondly at Richie's actions and took a seat on the arm of the chair Stan was sitting on.

"Hey." Stan said softly, looking up at him and Eddie smiled down at him. Stan shifted so that he could rest his head in Eddie's lap, and Eddie immediately began carding his fingers through his friend's golden brown curls. Stan closed his eyes and relaxed into the feeling.

"Eddie! I'm so glad you made it. You've got to let loose every once in a while, you're so uptight." Bev teased, nudging him slightly. Eddie sighed dramatically at her in response. A bright smile spread across her face, she had all but adopted Eddie as her partner in crime, they were the first to throw punches and sass. They just kind of worked together. She handed her cup to Eddie and he took a long swig. He grimaced at the sugary taste of malibu cut with tequila and juice, but threw his head back and finished it off. "So gentlemen, any chance that you will be manning up tonight and confessing your feelings for the objects of your affection?"

"Bev." Stan warned, opening his eyes only to shoot her a slight glare. Bev shook her head and sat herself right on Stan's lap so that he couldn't avoid her. His arm wrapped around her waist without thought, making sure she was steady.

"What? Don't you think five years of pining over them is long enough?" She asked frowning at the now empty cup that Eddie had handed back to her. "MIKE!" She called and he turned around, focusing his attention on her and semi guiltily stepping back from where he had a very flustered Ben pinned against the wall. "Shit. Sorry guys, but since you are taking a break from sucking face...Could you get me another drink? And some for Eddie and Stan too?" Stan went to protest, he didn't feel much like drinking, but Mike was already nodding and pulling Ben with him in the direction of the kitchen.

"Was it necessary to cock block them, Bev?" Eddie asked, feeling a little bad that his alcohol came at that price. Bev shrugged slightly, and Eddie rolled his eyes again. "By the way it hasn't been five years..." Both Bev and Stan shot him looks that told him to cut the bullshit. "It's not been five years, because I've been in love with Richie since I met him when we were six. Boom, that's twelve years of pining." Stan let out a small chuckle and nodded.