39: EDDIE'S NEW HOBBY

by: tearyeyedshark (ao3)
r+e

"Are you sure about this?" Richie asked, tightening the ropes around Eddie's wrists

"Of course! I want to practice this okay!" Eddie grunted as the ropes tighten around his body. Eddie had been planning something special for their second Valentine's Day together for weeks. He's not going to let Richie being a dumbass throw him off his game. He shifts his weight as his knees begin to ache.

"Since when have you had... These ideas? I mean- what's it called again? Kinwaku?" Stepping back to survey his work, Richie stretches his back with a nasty pop.

"It's called Kinbaku. It's an art okay? I wanted... A new hobby."

"Uh huh. Alrighty then." Richie's sighs, his eyes darting over every part of Eddie's body. Somehow a bit disappointed in him still being clothed.

"Ugh, you're impossible. I can't ask you to be serious about anything without teasing me." Eddie groans, if his hands were free one would be waving at Richie with conviction.

Just one more week. One more week and this suffering will be over.

"Okay, geez! Way to thank your loving boyfriend." Richie says in a mocking tone as he leaves the room.

Deep breaths Eds, deep breaths.

One week later.

7:32 am

The sounding of his phone alarm, along with a horrible ache in his neck causes Eddie to groan. As much as he loves the warmth of Richie's embrace, the morning aches made him question if sleeping clinging to his back all night was healthy. But that didn't matter today. Because today was Valentine's Day.
Sure, both Eddie and Richie agreed that the holiday was merely made up by corporate companies as a cash-grab. But it was the first time they were celebrating it in their newly purchased house.

Sliding delicately from under Richie's body, Eddie grabs his phone. Sneaking towards the door, he turns to check that he had not disturbed the soft snores coming from his boyfriend's mouth. Eddie loved that man, drool and all he could watch him the entire day if he could. He was a man with a plan though. Planning weeks ahead to finally give Richie the best Valentine's gift ever.

Phase one. Breakfast.

Sure, Richie usually leapt until noon and Eddie's actual plan didn't start until 6:00pm, but Eddie had the whole day planned to the minute.

Beep, beep, beep. His alarm sounded as he finished making the strawberry pancakes Richie loved so much.

8:15 am. Perfect. Grabbing the spread of pancakes, fresh fruit, syrup and freshly pressed coffee he went to wake his "sleeping prince".