30: WE WENT WILD

30: WE WENT WILD
by: jamesrhodes (ao3)
r+e+s

The mid-day sun cast shadows through the car as Stan drove back from Sunday brunch, a tradition the losers had fossilized years ago when adult life began taking its toll on them

The mid-day sun cast shadows through the car as Stan drove back from Sunday brunch, a tradition the losers had fossilized years ago when adult life began taking its toll on them. No matter how busy their schedules got, how far across town they lived from one another, or how many kids they had under their belt, they made time for each other. Ben and Bev's three children definitely posed a problem at times, rivaling Mike and Bill's one, a fairly new addition to the family. Finding baby-sitters for every Sunday had been tricky, but after a few months each couple had secured their weekend mornings, committing themselves to soggy toast and greasy bacon at a dingy diner four times a month.

Richie, as always, was on a high from the rendezvous. Being a social butterfly, he thrived on the moments when the losers were all together again. He bopped up and down in the passenger seat, drumming his fingers in an unrecognizable tune against the dashboard, goofy smile lighting up his face. The sight made Stan's heart soar in his chest.

Eddie was quietly sitting in the back behind Richie, content to watch the scenery zoom past them as they made their way back to their house.

"I was thinking and I wanna try that thing Bev was talking about. A Siberian?" Richie said by his side.

"Sybian." Stan corrected him, mild amusement on his features.

"Yeah, that. Can we get one?" Richie turned to him for approval.

"We'll look into it." Stan offered, not wanting to get Richie's hopes up only to discover that they couldn't afford it. They were financially stable, mostly thanks to Stan, but if he didn't keep a tight leash on things that could change. He knew from experience that Eddie and Richie had a habit of making a lot of questionable purchases when unsupervised.

Richie widened his eyes and pouted his lower lip comically, leaning into Stan's space and batting his eyelashes.

"But don't you want to see me tied up and gagged, desperately trying to rut away from desperation, helpless and begging as the control is completely in your hands, Stanley?"

"Sounds like a typical night to me. I don't think we need to buy something new just to turn you into a trembling mess." Stan kept his eyes on the road as he delivered his reply, watching out of the corner of his eye as Richie slumped back into his seat, arms crossed like a child who was just told he couldn't get any candy when they went to the grocery store. In the backseat Eddie made a distraught noise, pulling their attention his way.

"Shut it, Richie." Eddie protested, squirming in his seat.

"Why, am I getting you hot and bothered, Eds?" Richie responded smugly.

"Yes." Eddie deadpanned and seemed ready start a whole discussion when Stan jumped in before things escalated, knowing full well how easily Eddie got riled up.