Chapter 21

#VOH C-21

This will probably the last vacation before I go. We left the hotel before the sun even rose. After leaving the hotel, we crossed the road and headed to the van that was already in the terminal. We silently sat on the seats and Arus adjusted the aircon since he's in the front. He didn't want us to sit beside him that's why he immediately accomodated the front, as if we would also like to sit beside an annoying Arus.

Apollo placed his head on the head rest while I yawned and looked out the window. Nasa pinakalikuran nakaupo ang mga babae dahil ayaw nila malapit sa aircon. When the driver already checked the vehicle and made sure that we were all already inside, the van's engine roared to life and made its way out of the terminal.

Another van was following us from behind. It was where Dream's relatives probably are, including the foods and their things. Rain played a song from her playlist to fill the silence inside the van, nakaidlip ako sa kalagitnaan ng byahe. The ride was almost 3 hours, I suddenly woke up when the van was moving sideways because of the zigzag road. Nang nag-angat ako ng tingin ay natutulog pa rin si Apollo sa tabi ko. Arus' knees were on his seat and his face popped out above the head rest, nakatingin siya sa likuran namin.

"Okay ka na?" Mel said in a concerned tone. I rotated my head only to see Dream vomiting inside a cellophane. Hera and Rain were gently rubbing her back while Mel was tying Dream's hair so it wouldn't go to her mouth. Dream was still puking badly until she finally stopped and breathed, her nose and mouth was already wet while she was still trying to calm herself.

"You okay?" I handed her the box of tissue. Kinuha naman niya 'yon at yumuko.

She slowly nodded repeatedly while wiping her mouth and nose. Hera also got some tissue to wipe Dream's clothes that was stained. The van suddenly stopped and when I looked out of the window, I realized that we're already here. Mel took the plastic away while Rain sprayed some alcohol on Dream's hands.

Arus opened the door and went out with a backpack on his shoulder, sumunod naman kami sa kanya. Paglabas namin ay nakalabas na rin ang mga kamag-anak ni Dream, ang ilan sa kanila'y may dalang sisidlan ng pagkain habang ang iba nama'y hawak-hawak ang mga bag.

A man, who seems to be Dream's father, walked towards our direction. Marahan akong siniko ni Apollo habang tinapik naman ni Arus ang balikat ko sabay nguso sa ama ni Dream. The man stopped in front of us. Dream smiled at him and took his hand before placing it on her forehead.

"Happy birthday," her father said with no emotion in his face. Nakatingin lang ito sa anak bago bumaling sa amin.

Dream tried to smile at his father. "Thanks, pa."

Rain and the others slowly walked to Dream's father and greeted him before taking his hand, lumapit rin kami sa kanya at nagmano. Matalim ang tingin na ipinataw niya sa aming tatlo nina Arus, we just remained silent and took a step back nang matapos magmano.

"Tara na?" Dream said, trying to fill the silence. Hinawakan niya sa braso ang ama at akmang maglalakad na papasok ng hall ngunit hindi gumalaw ang ama niya. Napatingin si Dream sa kanya na may nagtatakang tingin.

"Sino sa tatlong 'yan?" biglang tanong ng ama niya. There's still no emotion in his face while looking at his child. Dream got confused for a moment and gulped when she realized what her father was talking about.

"Pa, huwag dito," Dream said in a soft tone before holding his arm again. Biglang kumunot ang noo ng ama niya habang pinasadahan kaming tatlo ng tingin.

"Who among the three of you likes my daughter?" he asked. Rain, Mel and Hera was just standing silently while looking at us. Dream's face heated and tried to pull his father. Arus and Apollo gently tapped my back.