Chapter 34

#VOH C-34

I shook my head and laid on the bed.

That day was tiring. Well, the next days were also tiring. Dream already brought her maiden name back, thanks to her very efficient lawyer who helped her. Venus was still occupied with what Dilch and her talked about.

"Flight Engineer," Commander Wilfron called while I was busy with the monitor. Agad akong bumaling sa kanya at tumayo. I left the computer and went to him.

"What is it, Commander?" I asked, raising my brows.

"Assist the upcoming Space Expidition of the Alpha Team," he ordered.

I nodded and went back to my seat. It was a repitition. We've been assisting flight and space missions for a while now while we still don't have missions, but maybe we would be joining the mercury program. Trainings would be on our way again.

I yawned and rested my back on the swivel chair. Venus also did the same while stretching her limbs. I tilted my head and reached for the water before turning my gaze to the monitor.

"Alright, i'm finally fricking done with this," she murmurs and suddenly stood up.

Minasahe ko ang sariling sintido bago tumayo. Venus and I went to the room where the dinner is held. When we slid the transparent door sideways, we saw the long table that was already filled with the Commanders and other crew. Venus sat down beside Commander Vasman and Commander Wilfron pointed the empty space in front of him so I nodded and sat there.

"Are you done?" he asked when I sat down.

"Yes, Commander," I nodded.

"Well done," he chuckled and turned to Commander Moore to ask something.

Dr. Sketchley clasped her hands to get our attention. Napatingin kami sa kanya at nakinig sa sasabihin niya. She just announced some details about the expeditions and reminded us about assisting the flight missions which we immediately agreed.

Nagsimula kaming kumain at patuloy kaming nag-uusap tungkol sa mga bagong UMV at mga aircrafts na isinasagawa ngayon para sa mga missions. I was all ears to the conversations while nodding at their statements about the missions. Venus became interested about the UVMs that will be tested.

After the dinner, I directly went to the cabin. Agad kong dinaluhan ang higaan at inabot ang laptop. Just like what normally happens everytime I get so busy to even fiddle with the laptop, my inbox were full of messages. Most of it were from Apollo and Arus. Isa-isa kong binuksan ang mga 'yon hanggang sa inii-scroll ko na ang inbox para makita pa ang ibang mga mensahe.

Valiant Canopus Velarde sent a message.

I tilted my head when Valiant sent me a message, he just sent it 3 days ago. After opening his message and reading it, my hands started shaking and my heart began to race. My lips parted after reading his message. Para akong nabuhusan ng malamig na tubig habang nakatitig sa bawat letra ng mensahe niya.

Valiant Canopus Velarde:

Bro, Dad's currently at the hospital again. His stroke suddenly got severe when I went home yesterday so I immediately brought him to the hospital.

When I was about to send my message, he went online and I saw him typing.

How's dad?

The typing word suddenly disappeared like he erased his message. Kalaunan ay muling lumabas ang typing.

Valiant Canopus Velarde:

Kuya.. The doctor just announced his death yesterday.

I froze when I saw his message. I could almost hear my heart pounding faster and faster. Patuloy pa rin sa panginginig ang kamay ko. I looked down as a tear escaped from my eye... I was busy. I have always been busy.. I couldn't even open my laptop and talk to my loved ones for some hours.. I lost my communication with them.. I wasn't able to reach out and talk to my dad for the last time... I fucking messed up.