Chapter 1

#VOH C-01

What do you want?" She glared at me when she caught me staring at her.

"Nothing," I said and diverted my attention to my notes.

"Then stop staring, Velarde. You're making me feel uncomfortable," She said and highlighted some sentences on her book.

I still kept on gazing at her, but this time, I'm being more cautious. Since I met her, I already can't take my eyes off her, hindi ko alam. I examined her face while she was busy with her notes. She was wearing a make-up and her hair was in a ponytail, she looks so clean. God, why does she have to be this beautiful?

"Stop it, Brave," She glared at me again. I immediately looked away and smirked. First-name basis.

"Right. I'm sorry," I smiled and focused on taking down notes before my next class begins. But later on, I just found myself annoying her.

"Are you going somewhere later? Let's eat outside," I said, even though there's a huge chance than she won't agree. She was still busy writing some notes on the sticky notes and later on she'll paste it on her notebooks.

"No thanks, I'm busy," she said nang hindi tumitingin sakin. Mas lalo siyang gumaganda sa paningin ko kapag nagseseryoso ang mukha niya. Her brain and beauty really drives me crazy. Damn.

"What are you up to? Ano gagawing mo after class?" I asked.

"None of your business." She rolled her eyes.

"Gorgeous," I whispered pero narinig niya pa rin 'yon. I stopped myself from that sudden urge to smile when I saw how she rolled her eyes and continued highlighting important details on her book. "What about this weekend?"

"I'm studying, don't disturb me."

She kept on turning the pages of her books, nagsusunog ng kilay. She's already smart, tapos masipag pa. She really has everything that can pass as my type. I silently reviewed the past lessons on my most complicated subject na may terror pa na prof. I kept on reading the same sentence over and over again pero wala man lang ni isang letrang pumapasok sa utak ko. So I just decided to talk to Stella.

I placed my head above my arm at the table and looked at her. "What law school will you enter after PolSci? Do you aim to be a criminal lawyer?" I asked. She didn't respond and her eyes didn't even leave the book. But I kept on talking anyway. " I'd really appreciate if you'll respond. I'm just curious."

"Whatever. Una na ko," She suddenly said before placing her things back to her backpack.

My brows automatically furrowed. "Akala ko hindi papasok ang prof nyo?"

"Well, akala mo lang yon. Bye." She said and walked away.

I scanned my notes and continued writing some notes sa ibang subject. I was in the middle of writing when I felt someone's presence behind me. Nang bumaling ako ay nakita ko si Diana.

"Hey, handsome," She said in a soft tone.

"Hey," I smiled at her.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito sa field? Mas makakapag-aral ka nang mabuti sa lib," she winked and a playful smile was plastered on her face.

"Finals is near. Many people would go there and accomodate the lib so I can hardly find an empty seat," I shrugged.

"Well I can save one for you," she said and sat beside me. "Wala ka nang class?"

"Later. 5pm," I smiled at her before returning my attention to my notes.

"Oh okay. Do you mind if I stay here for a while?"