Chapter 33

#VOH C-33

Luckily, the service didn't leave yet. The head glanced at us with her doubtful look but Venus just gave her a bored look before entering the service. I avoided their gaze and just went inside.

"We could have tried the baiting lucky fortune," Venus whispered when the vehicle's engine started.

I ignored her whisper and just rested my head on the head rest. Nang nakabalik kami sa headquarters ay agad kaming nagpahinga matapos kumain. And truth be told, I received a message from Commander Wilfron via hologram that tomorrow afternoon will be our flight back to our main headquarters.

The lieutenant was supposed to be my co-pilot but she got paranoid when she knew about our pair-up and immediately told her Commander na si Venus nalang ang i pair-up sa'kin. I didn't complain with the changes. I have no problem on who will be my co-pilot. I also wouldn't even bother if I fly alone.

Kinabukasan ay walang bakas na emosyon sa mukha si Venus nang tumabi sa'kin. The flight was quite long and we were just focused on the controls. Nang nakalapag kami ay agad kong naaninag ang aming bandilang malayang nakawagayway sa ere at tila sumasabay sa hangin.

"World Aeronautical and Space Administration, we are finally back!" The lieutenant extended her arms and closed her eyes when we got into the entrance.

"Lieutenant Simpson," ma-awtoridad na giit ni Commander Vasman upang sawayin ang inaasta ng lieutenant.

Venus smiled secretly. "So unprofessional," she whispered to herself.

Tumuloy na kami sa paglalakad at pagod na pagod naman ang mukha ng mga bagong candidates kaya sinabihan kaming lahat na magpahinga muna.

The weeks were quite busy. We were just assisting our fellow astronauts with their flight and space missions since we were not assigned to any missions yet. I didn't have time communicating with Apollo and Arus again. And the last time I heard about Dream and Dilch, the hearings for their annulment were almost done.

I leaned on the swivel chair and gently massaged my temple, assisting missions are still as tiring as being in a mission itself. I took the bottled water beside the mouse and twisted the cap. Tumayo na ako at ininom ang tubig habang naglalakad papunta sa sariling cabin. Venus was still focused on the monitor when I left.

I met some of the crew in the hallway and just nodded at them. Nang nakarating ako sa cabin ay agad nadetect ng sensor ang badge ko kaya tumunog ito at awtomatikong bumukas ang pintuan.

The bed was already inviting me so I didn't bother changing my clothes at agad ko nalang ibinagsak ang katawan sa kama. Comfortable bed in a tiring day is the best. I would probably change later, I still had to visit the gym when I wake up.

I was sleeping peacefully when the loud knocks annoyed the fuck out of me. I scowled and messed my hair before standing up. Nang buksan ko iyon ay tumambad sa aking harapan ang problemadong mukha ni Venus.

"If you have a problem with the computer, I am not the right person to---" I wasn't able to finish my words when she suddenly pushed me out of the way and went inside my cabin. My brows furrowed while looking at her problematic face.

Seriously, what the fuck is her problem?

"Brave, shit, shit, shit," Venus started pacing back and forth while massaging her temple.

"What do you need?" I rested my back on the door before crossing my arms.

She stopped walking and faced me, her eyes widened. "I just fricking saw Dilch Vanth in the hallway!" she said in terror.