Chapter 31

#VOH C-31

I paused when I heard that. Apollo sounds like he wasn't joking but how could it be? I still fucking saw them together in China! And that was fucking less than a month!

"Are you sure about that?" I asked him with furrowed brows.

"Oo naman. Nakalimutan mo yatang family of lawyer side ng mama ko? My cousin is Dilch's lawyer kaya siguradong sigurado ako," he said with confidence.

"It just doesn't makes sense to me. I saw them together when I was in China," I licked my lower lip and shook my head.

His brows also furrowed like also analyzing about how could that happen. Kalaunan ay napangiti siya sa sariling naisip at mahinang tumawa nang tumingin sa camera.

"Baka last celebration bago tuluyang magkahiwalay," biro niya. I lazily looked at him and sighed heavily. He's now fucking influenced with Arus.

Napalingon ako sa hologram nang bigla 'yong tumunog. I immediately tapped it when I saw that it was Venus.

"Hey frick, we're going to a Japanese mall tomorrow. Are you up for it? Buy clothes for yourself," agad niyang sabi nang lumitaw ang imahe niya.

"Who's that, Brave?" Apollo's brows furrowed. "Ba't kayo pupunta ng mall?"

I raised my brow before shaking my head. "Nah, she's just--"

"Alright, alright. Stop right there. You don't have to lie. Ibaba ko nalang ang tawag para makapag-usap kayo. Bye." He chuckled and ended the call. I clicked my tongue and shook my head when the call ended.

"Whoever that man is, he fricking misunderstood us," Venus laughed.

"Yeah. I'll just call him again later," I shrugged.

"I didn't ask," she gave me a bored look. "So are you up for it? Mall tomorrow?"

"I guess," I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes. "I only accept yes answers so i'll probably accept that as a yes. Good night. Have nightmares, Flight Engineer," she said and quickly ended it.

I sighed and just closed my laptop. Apollo probably didn't misunderstand us, maybe he just didn't want to bother our small talk with Venus that's why he just ended it.

No, hindi naman siya si Arus. Hindi naman siya mag-iisip nang ganyan. So there's no point on calling him again. He might even think that i'm being defensive if i'll try to explain, that would be frustrating.

The next day, I didn't really want to go the mall but of course Venus wouldn't accept any of my excuses so I just ended up agreeing.

We've been strolling around the mall to look around, I think she's finally done with the Japanese yatai phase. I conciously glanced at my wrist watch as the time runs.

"Venus," I called her. Napatingin naman siya sa'kin at tinaasan ako ng kilay. " I think we should go back."

"Why? We just literally walked in the entrance 5 minutes ago," her brows furrowed.

"I know. But this is wrong. All of our fellow volunteers are still checking every house yet we're here inside a mall, strolling around like we're some tourists," I tried to explain. Damn, my conscience is killing me.

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Oh yeah? Is it our fault that they're too slow on distributing the relief goods that we even had time to scroll around the mall?"

"You're really hard-headed," I sighed in disappointment.

She scoffed and just continued walking on the aisle while looking at pastel clothes. "And for your information, we're not being unfair. What do you mean by all of our fellow volunteers are still checking each house?" she asked with a sarcastic smile while checking the price tag of a peach top.