Chapter 23

#VOH C-23

I was dumbfounded when I left the room. Hera and the other girls were already on the hallway. They stopped when they saw my bloodshot eyes. I forced a smile and walked straight back to the hotel. When I entered the suite, Apollo was already putting his used clothes back to his backpack. Arus' lips parted when he saw me and immediately tapped Apollo's arm kaya napatigil ito sa patutupi at bumaling sa pintuan.

Umawang rin ang labi niya nang makita akong nakatayo. I shrugged and quietly went to my duffel bug, nagsimula na rin akong magtupi ng mga damit para ipasok ang mga 'yon. Arus was already done and was just waiting for us to finish with ours.

Apollo tapped my back after zipping his backpack. "I'm sorry, Brave," he apologized and put the sling to his shoulder.

I just nodded and also zipped the duffel bag. "Let's go?"

They nodded. Tumayo na si Arus at binitbit ang duffel bag niya. We checked out of the hotel and went to airport. Tahimik lang akong naglalakad at pumasok pabalik sa private chopper. When the chopper got started, the area was filled with the chopping sound. Nakadungaw lang ako sa bintana habang tinitingnan ang kabuuan ng Cebu. Apollo was right, I have to chase my dream.

The movement of the plane made me felt like I was drifting away from my home. I smiled to myself while still looking out of the window, I'll be back. I'll come back to my home when the right time comes. When I'll finish all of the things I got to do.

Goodbye for now, Dream.

The flight felt like a century. It was a breath of fresh air when the plane finally touched down the land. We unfastened our seat belts and stood up when it was already announced. Dad called me and wished me luck on my Canada life. Diretso kaming pumunta sa condo ko at pumasok sa kanya-kanyang kwarto. I threw the duffel bag to the bed and pulled up the scroller of my luggage then went out.

"Let's eat lunch first before going to a long flight," Apollo said when he also went out of his room. Tumango ako at sabay kaming pumunta sa kusina. Arus stayed on his room, probably affected that we'll be leaving him alone now.

Apollo made some buffalo wings while I just cooked rice. Nang natapos na siya sa pagluluto ay nilagay niya na ito sa plato, nagsaing na rin ako ng kanin. We placed the food in the table and called for Arus.

"Hoy lumabas ka na," pagtawag ni Apollo habang kumukuha ng kanin. I was aready chewing the meat when the door of Arus' room opened, revealing Arus' bloodshot eyes.

"Eat with us," I said.

Tumango siya at suminghot bago tuluyang umupo sa kabisera.

"Dude, stop crying. Aalis lang naman kami, hindi mamamatay," Apollo tried to joke.

"Putang ina mo," sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Arus. Tinawanan lang namin siya at tinuloy na ang pag-kain.

After eating lunch, Arus drove us to the airport. He started to tear up again when we reached the entrance of the airport. Nang nakababa na kami ni Apollo ay umiyak na naman si Arus. We hugged him and tapped his back while he was wiping his tears.

"Putang ina nyo, bumalik kayo agad," paalala niya habang sumisinghot.

"Bibisita kami once a year para i-renew lisensya namin. Susubukan rin naming umuwi kapag may long holidays," Apollo assured him.

Arus just nodded and turned to me. "Hayop ka ako nalang taga-linis ng condo mo," pagbusangot niya.

"You're free with whatever you want to do there. Just don't vomit on the floor when you pass out," I reminded.