Chapter 26

#VOH C-26

I weeped upon entering the cabin. I never knew the worst scenario could really happen. It's been 12 years since I left and I've already thought about those possibilities. The pain. The heartbreak. The catastrophe. But I guess you wouldn't really know how it really hurts until you're already in that situation.

And it fucking hurts. The way he looked at him haunted my mind... But I guess, Dream was never really mine to begin with.

I rested on my bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. Frustration and pain is not a really good combination.

My musings stopped when I heard a knock. Marahan lang iyon pero sunod-sunod. Agad kong pinunasan ang mga mata ko at suminghot nang paulit-ulit. I turned to the hologram to see if anyone left a message that I didn't notice. But there was none.

Pagod akong tumayo at naglakad papunta sa pintuan. Binuksan ko ito ng kaunti at tiningnan ang kumatok. I was expecting to see Commander Wilfron or Dr. Sketchley, but Venus' bored eyes greeted me instead.

"What are you doing here?" tanong ko nang nakita siya.

"Duh," she rolled her eyes like she was dissapointed with what I asked. She took a step forward to enter my cabin pero hindi ako gumalaw at nanatiling nakaharang lang sa kaunting pagkakabukas ng pintuan kaya hindi siya makapasok.

She gave me a side glare and a slightly annoyed look while harshly pushing me so she could enter. "Let me in!"

Bumuntong-hininga ako at nilakihan ang pagkakabukas ng pinto. I turned my back and sat on my bed, nakasunod siya sa likuran ko. Nang umupo ako sa dulo ng kama ay tumabi siya sa'kin at inabutan ako ng hawak niya.

"C'mon dude. The storm will end soon," she said while giving me a drink.

I just nodded and took it. Kumunot naman ang noo niya habang nakatingin nang mabuti sa'kin.

"Wait, did you cry?" she asked and pointed my face.

"No," I immediately denied.

"Yeah? Do you know you're not good at lying?" she smirked while raising a brow.

"My eyes are just sweating," I defended.

"Whatever," she gave me a side glance before rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and drank, "Why are you here by the way?"

"Obviously, i'm trying to console my fellow astronaut. So, what's his problem?"

I shrugged. "Nothing serious."

"You wouldn't cry if it was 'nothing serious'," she threw a bored look.

I sighed and looked at her too. "I can handle my problems. Thank you for the concern."

"So what's the problem, Flight Engineer Brave Rigel Velarde?" Venus asked, ignoring what I just said.

"You're stubborn.."

"Obviously," she scoffed. "Anyway, I guess it's because of a girl? Hell yeah it's obviously because of a girl," she nodded to herself like she was very certain.

"How can you say, hmm?" I raised a brow.

"Just a wild guess," she shrugged. "But I'm probably right."

I clicked my tongue and looked away. She laughed at my reaction.

"Well, that's life. It's always not the happy sunny days ang you're just always happy. That's just impossible. There would always be some chaotic days too," She tapped my shoulder.