Chapter 92

A few days after Christmas, the girls were still in Nashville so Taylor could meet with her team and discuss not only her label change but also the new album she would be releasing. She was also getting in a few days at the studio before they went back to London for the new year.

"I'm not sure I understand why you want to do such a small tour," one of the guys said at the table.

"This album, what I have of it so far I guess is so... it's for festivals, it's like a wedding band. A stadium tour does not fit it at all."

"Swift Two-Point-O, any input?" The man asked Grace, earning a laugh from both girls.

"Haven't heard a song, helped write one but I don't know if it's on there. She won't tell me anything, this is the first I'm hearing of it," Grace replied as she twirled her pen around, leaning back in her office chair at the opposite end of the table.

"There was also the bigger matter at hand," Tree reminded Taylor with a serious look, "Wasn't there?"

The blonde nodded, "I also don't want to be away from home too much anymore, a couple weeks is fine at a time but with a baby I don't want to miss too much."

"A baby? Who said anything about a baby?" Someone chimed in.

Eyes then turned down the table towards Grace who smiled and waved, "It's always fun when I come to these meetings, isn't it?"

"Y'all probably shouldn't book me any promotion interviews or stuff unless it's in London for June. First couple weeks of July."

"You two always make a mess for us," Tree laughed as she wrote down the timeframe, a couple people at the meeting already aware of it.

Grace, from the opposite end of the room, said, "Sorry, guys. The good news is it means I won't be bugging you as much, between my schoolwork and a kid I'll probably only make it to every second meeting or so."

"That's not any better."

"I'm quite fond of her," Taylor reminded them, "You do have to admit that as much trouble as she and I get up to, she's got an awesome mind for this. Did you guys know she has a ninety-four percent average at Oxford? A ninety-five at NYU even. She's brilliant, she just looks cute and plays down her intelligence."

"No one is questioning how smart she is, we're just questioning how on earth you both thought a baby is something you could fit into your schedules."

"I don't have to fit it into my schedule, that's your job. We decided a long time ago that my personal life is my business now, I don't have to ask before I start dating someone or decide to relocate to London. We will make it work and if it doesn't work then I'll retire."

"Retire?" Her manager asked quite seriously.

Taylor nodded, "Plenty of people make work and life mix, we don't need to be so dramatic about this. We're having a baby, it'll be here in June and it's done being discussed."

"I second that motion," Grace said while scribbling down something on her notepad, "You've all got your knickers in a bunch, give your head a shake."

"Does the voice in your head have an accent?" Taylor asked while giggling at Grace's slip, "Serious question, you do that all the time."

"Be quiet now, Taylor," the younger girl replied with a polite smile, her voice now completely in her American accent again.

Taylor nodded and put her head back in the meeting, hearing a comment from somewhere at the table that sounded like "That's why we let the little one into these meetings still."