Chapter 28

Kai's pov

"TJ bro, I need a favour."

"What's up?" 

"Can you please watch Sammy for me tomorrow, I have a date with Avery, you can meet her when I come fetch him."

"I'm definitely not passing up an opportunity like that, I got you."

"Thanks man, I will drop him off at 3:30 pm tomorrow."

"You remember the way to my house?"

"How could I forget." I completely forgot, but I do have his address saved on my phone.

"Aight, check you tomorrow then."

*hangs up phone*

TJ is a lifesaver and Sammy loves him. My dad and Lorenzo basically took him in when they found out his dad was abusing him and his mother was on the run. He doesn't blame her, his dad is next level psycho, he burnt their house to the ground when she asked for a divorce, TJ told her to run, he'll find her, and he did. She's here now, they've met up a few times but TJ works for my dad, he takes care of booking the fights and the money, so he has a lot on his plate, Lorenzo and my dads career is basically dependent on TJ's ability to do his job, which he is really good at it. He may seem like a nice guy but when he needs to be, he's a beast. 

Now that Sammy is taken care of, I need to start planning the rest, beginning with where I'm taking her. Hmmmm, she likes simple but she also likes effort, I know she has a thing for the sky and she likes being secluded...I think I know where we can go. 

****

It's midnight now, I've sorted everything out, I just have to make a few pick ups tomorrow. With that being said, I fall onto my bed and try to sleep, it's not easy when you're excited but eventually I do. 

****

Avery's pov

I wake up at 10 am, I let myself sleep in today. I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the fact that thee Julia Jackson is here. I can't believe it. I wonder what my mom will do if she runs into her. Fight? Make up? Talk? Who knows their issues happened like 20 years ago, maybe they will act like strangers all over again. 

I decide to put a pin in it, I have a very important date tonight and I still have no idea what I'm going to wear. This will be our first official date outside of the hospital, I have to put extra effort into my appearance since he is doing all the actual date planning. I should actually stop by the mall to get him a little thank you gift for everything. And I need an outfit, the clothes in my closet aren't going to cut it this time. Since I never shop or buy anything besides food, I have a lot of money saved up for emergencies like this. 

I uber to the mall, and walk into a clothing store that looks like it caters for people who are looking for outfits to go night clubbing in. Something does catch my eye though, I think it's perfect, a little over the top but it will do. I then begin my hunt for a gift for Kai, and after about 25 stores, I'm convinced this mall is useless. Just as I'm on the brink of failure to acquire the perfect gift for Kai, I realize I'm overthinking this...I know exactly what to get him. 

*****

4 pm comes a lot faster than I expected, my mom asked me 3 hours ago where I am going tonight, so I told her everything that has happened with Kai, the jar, the times we bumped into each other, the night he left Sammy with me, everything. I explained it all while I got ready for my date.
She seemed surprised at first but the more I told her the more she seemed to be impressed by Kai and the effort he puts in to make me happy.