Chapter 23

KEY - I will post this at the beginning of every chapter as a reminder.

Y/n - Your Name

Y/f/n - Your Friend's Name

f/c - favorite color

h/l - hair length

h/c - hair color

e/c - eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

This is the day! It's New Year's Eve, and it's a few hours before my party. I invited the same people that were at my Christmas party to come to this party, and a lot of them decided to come! All of the people that are coming are Kerry and her family, Rob and his family, Y/f/n, Alex, Jessie, Violet, Luke, and Benny. 

Everyone still seemed distant from me, although they were distancing themselves a little less now. Maybe since I just ignored them while Alex was in his coma, now they're returning the favor? I'm not sure. I'm just glad that they are coming and that Alex is doing so much better!

He barely needs his cane to walk around anymore, his singing is getting better and back to normal, his voice is back to normal and not as raspy as his voice was when he woke up. And he's doing very well with his stunts and everything he does for the musical.

Besides me, everyone associated with the cast of Beetlejuice has been becoming great friends, and they have been hanging out with each other a lot more. I'm really happy about everyone being able to make new connections and keep their old ones. I'm also proud of Jessie, Violet, Luke, and Benny for putting themselves out there and making a lot of new friends.

With two hours left before the party starts, Alex and the kids have chipped in and helped finish setting everything up, coming to me with any problem that arises.

"Y/n, I think everything is ready!" Alex calls from the living room.

"Okay, I'm gonna finish up in here, and then we should be done. Thanks for all of your help!" I yell back from the kitchen.

"No problem," He says, and then I hear noise coming from the TV.

"Ooo, what are you watching?" I hear Violet ask Alex.

"The Food Network," Alex replies.

"Awesome, I'm joining!" She says, making some noise while going to sit next to him on the couch.

After a few minutes, I hear each of the children go in one by one, have a conversation with them about what they're watching, and then join them. Once I finish up in the kitchen, I go and join them, taking the last free seat in the living room. 

An hour had gone by when the doorbell rang. We all looked at each other, seeing who would be the one to get up and get it when I decided that I didn't want to sit there for forever while we all silently challenged each other. So I went and got the door.

"Hello, welcome!" I say, greeting the person who was at the door.

"Hi Y/n! Trevon and Kate said that they couldn't make it at the last minute, they had family parties to go to," The person says.

"That's okay. Well, come on in Y/f/n, the others should be arriving shortly," I say, showing her to the living room, where Alex had turned off the Food Network and they all said hello to Y/f/n and started to talk to her.

I left when I heard the doorbell ring again, and this time I opened it to see Rob and his family.

"Hello! Welcome!" I say, opening the door wider so that they could come in and take off their coats and shoes.

"Hi Y/n! Thanks for inviting us over!" Rob thanks me.

"It's no problem, please, follow me, Y/f/n just got here," I smile, leading them into the living room, letting them talk with the others and going back to the entryway to wait for Kerry and her family to arrive. 

After waiting for 7 minutes, the doorbell rang once more, and I opened the door a final time to let in Kerry, her two daughters, and her husband.

"Hey, guys! Welcome!" I say, letting them in and helping to hang up their coats.

"Hi Y/n! Who else is here?" Kerry asks me politely.

"Everyone else got here just a few minutes ago," I say, shutting the front door and leading them into the living room where everyone else was waiting.

They all started talking, and soon some of the adults migrated to the kitchen to get a few drinks, and the kids all went into Violet and Luke's bedrooms to play and talk. 

Again, like at the Christmas party, I was in the background, watching everyone and keeping to myself. A few times someone came over to talk to me, or I went over to talk to people who were standing alone.

When it was 11:52, we brought all of the children out of the bedrooms to make them some non-alcoholic drinks and to get them ready for the ball to drop. 

We all counted down, and we all cheered when the ball finally dropped. After that, we celebrated the new year, and then people started to leave. 

Once everyone finally left, it was around 1:38, and Violet, Jessie, Benny, and Luke had already gone to bed, and it was just Alex and I left awake. We were too tired to do anything, so we said goodnight to each other and went to bed.

I got up at 6:54 and got ready, then cleaned up from last night's party and made breakfast for everyone. By 9:30, everyone had gotten up and we were all in the living room still in our pajamas as we were too tired to do anything else. 

We browsed what was on the TV to watch and stumbled across a channel that was doing a Harry Potter movie marathon. So that's what we decided to do all day. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies.

I made sure that we got lunch and were properly fed, but after lunch I broke out the junk food and made us popcorn, giving us M&M's on the side for us to add in if we wanted to. But all in all, we had a pretty good day.

(Word Count: 1045)