Chapter 26

KEY - I will post this at the beginning of every chapter as a reminder.

Y/n - Your Name

Y/f/n - Your Friend's Name

f/c - favorite color

h/l - hair length

h/c - hair color

e/c - eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanna thank Elise2168 for helping me out and coming up with the name of the newest character, whose name you will learn in two seconds. And that's why I'm gonna dedicate this chapter to her. Thank you Elise, and enjoy, this one's for you.

Y/n's POV

"I'm Elise, do you guys wanna hang out together sometime?" the girl asked us politely.

I looked at Y/f/n and she smiled back at me, saying,

"Yes, we would love to. I was wondering if you like musicals?"

"Yes! I love musicals! In fact, I've always wanted to see Beetlejuice, but I can't seem to get tickets for when I'm available because my schedule changes really quickly all the time," Elise said sadly.

"What if I told you that we could get you some of the best seats in the house in a minute's notice?" Y/f/n said.

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we wouldn't be able to join you because we work in the musical, but we could also get you backstage to meet the cast afterward," I said happily.

"That's awesome! Are you sure though, I don't want to be an inconvenience," Elise said.

"Yes, we're sure. We wouldn't have invited you if we weren't," I replied, making Elise laugh.

"True, true. Well, I have to go now, but it was nice meeting you two, maybe we could get coffee together one morning," Elise said, making Y/f/n and I nod in agreement.

"Here's my phone number, text or call me when you are free so that we can figure it out," I said, handing her a piece of paper with my phone number and first name on it.

"Thanks! I'll do that tonight, is that okay?" She asked.

"Of course, we don't have a show tonight, so we're free for you to call us whenever," Y/f/n grinned.

We said our goodbyes and then went our separate ways. Elise went to do whatever she had to do, and we went up to Y/f/n's apartment to start packing her things and get the essentials for her stay at my house.

Y/f/n and I talked while we packed, we started with the living room, and basically every room in the apartment that wasn't her own. We saved her room for last because if Kate came back, then we could go into Y/f/n's room, shut the door, and pack her things without talking to and barely seeing said person.

We heard the door of the apartment open and close, following not one, but two voices.

"Kate, wait up," a male voice laughed.

"Well then stop being so slow Trevon," Kate giggled.

I motioned for Y/f/n to go to her room and whispered,

"You start packing in there. I'll finish up here and join you in a little bit."

Y/f/n nodded and went to her room without a word, closing the door after herself.

"What are all of these boxes doing?" Kate asked Trevon.

"I'm not sure," He shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure that you two don't understand what happens when you break up with someone that you live with," I sighed as they stepped into the living room, seemingly shocked that I was there.

"Y/n? It's so nice to see you again!" Kate said, coming over for a hug.

"Kate, stop it," I snapped, pushing her away.

"What am I doing wrong?" Kate asked, acting innocent, Trevon looking really guilty in the background.

"I think we both know that you know what you did wrong. First of all, you just broke up with your girlfriend, and then think that it would be a good idea to bring your new boyfriend over to your apartment? I'm pretty sure, well, actually, I hope that you know what happens when you break up with someone and you live with them. 

"It means that one, or both of you, move out of the place you live and go somewhere else to stay while you find a different place to live. So Y/f/n decided it for you, and she chose to move out. So I volunteered to help her pack up and move.

"Oh, and by the way. When you break up with your girlfriend, don't just turn around and kiss your new boyfriend right in front of her!" I finish packing and seal the box before standing up and getting in her face.

"I never want to talk to you again, jerk. So never address me, and especially Y/f/n. And if you do, you'll regret it the second you do," I then turned and went into Y/f/n's room, closing the door behind me and never looking back.

As soon as I closed the door, I turned around to see Y/f/n staring at me in shock.

"Y/n, you didn't have to do that," Y/f/n gasped.

"Y/f/n, I can't have her being disrespectful to anyone, especially you. You're my best friend, you've stood up for me tons of times, now it's my turn to stand up for you," I said honestly.

A small smile fell onto her face and she said,

"Shut up and come hug me, you idiot."

I smiled, walking over and hugging her. Once we pulled away, I asked her,

"Well, shall we pack up your room?"

"We shall!" She declared, thrusting her left fist up into the air.

We started laughing before we pulled ourselves together and packed up her room. 

When we were in the middle of packing, we heard Kate yell,

"Hey morons, go answer the door!" 

"I got it," I told her, getting up and walking out of her room, closing the door behind me before going to the entrance of the apartment and opening the door.

When I opened it, I saw Elise standing there.

"Hi, Elise! What are you doing here?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh Y/n! I didn't know that you lived here," Elise said.

"I don't actually. Y/f/n used to live here but she's moving out and I'm helping her pack," I explain.

"Oh okay. Anyway, there is a dog that has been outside this door for about 15 minutes now, barking once every minute and waiting for someone to open the door. I brought him into my apartment to keep him safe for the time being, as dogs aren't allowed in this apartment complex, I didn't want him to get caught and taken away," Elise said.

"Really?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah, do you want to come with me to get him?" Elise asked me.

I looked back and saw Kate in the living room talking to Trevon and Kate was slowly creeping towards Y/f/n's room. I turned back to Elise and said,

"No thanks, I need to talk to Y/f/n's roommate quickly. Would it be okay if you brought him here please?"

"Sure! I'll be back soon," Elise said, leaving.

I closed the door and turned around, seeing Kate's hand twisting the doorknob on Y/f/n's door. I started walking towards her, putting my hand on hers, stopping her from turning the doorknob all the way.

"Now what do you think you're doing, Kate?"

(Word Count - 1222)