Chapter 27

KEY - I will post this at the beginning of every chapter as a reminder.

Y/n - Your Name

Y/f/n - Your Friend's Name

f/c - favorite color

h/l - hair length

h/c - hair color

e/c - eye color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

She quickly withdrew her hand and stepped back, making me step in front of the door to make sure that she didn't go in.

"You can't tell me what to do Y/n, you don't control me," Kate spit out, "Besides, I just want to talk to her."

"About what?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize. And maybe see if she wanted to be friends with me again," Kate said, acting sincere.

Instead of responding to her, I opened Y/f/n's door and asked her,

"Would you like to speak on this matter?"

I then stepped out of the doorway to the side in the hallway, so that Y/f/n was now in front of Kate. Y/f/n hesitated for a second before speaking.

"Kate, there's nothing to apologize for. You messed up big time, and there is no way to go back from that. Please, never talk to me or my friends ever again. I don't want to be your friend anymore, especially after you cheat on me," Y/f/n said frowning.

When she finished, there was a knock at the door. When I went to go get it, Kate purposely tried to make me trip. Luckily for me, I saw her foot float out before I reached it, and instead of tripping on it, I stepped on it, hard.

"Ow! Why did you do that?" Kate scowled at me.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see your rogue foot in my path!" I said, slowly getting more frustrated with her.

I then left her in the hallway with Y/f/n, which I felt like was a really bad idea. I answered the door and saw Elise standing there with Logan.

"Logan!" I exclaimed, leaning down to pet him and pick him up.

"So he's your dog I'm guessing," Elise said, making me nod.

"Yeah, he's my service dog. There was a big argument between Y/f/n and some other people, and she ran off in the end. Logan, my pupper here, was on a leash at the time with my boyfriend Alex, but Alex must have taken off his leash and Logan probably took off, following my scent," I explained.

"Wow, that's amazing. Most service dogs aren't that committed," Elise admitted, "My grandmother had one and she didn't like car rides, so they were apart often, which didn't really make sense."

"Yeah, we've been through some tough times together. We've grown pretty close," I smiled, "Anyway, thank you for telling me about him, I can't thank you enough!"

She smiled at me and said,

"It's no problem. Well, I'll see you around!"

"See you around!" I called to her as she left to take the stairs.

I shut the door once Elise was out of sight, and I returned to see Kate and Y/f/n almost yelling at each other.

"Guys!" I exclaimed, making both of their heads snap in my direction, effectively shutting them up, "Stop arguing. Kate, get out of our lives, you broke our trust when you cheated on Y/f/n and therefore don't get to get involved in our lives anymore.

"Y/f/n, just leave her be, she's got a thick skull, it will probably settle in in a week about how dumb, stupid, and annoying she is being."

They both just turned away, Kate turning back to argue with Y/f/n again, and Y/f/n to go finish packing. I snuck into Y/f/n's room before she slammed the door in Kate's face.

"Hey Y/f/n, are you okay?" I asked her cautiously.

"Yeah, man, how do you do that so easily?" Y/f/n asked me curiously.

"Here's the thing, I make it look easy, even though it ain't," I replied, adding in a little southern accent, making her giggle, "Now let's finish packing and get out of here before we have another encounter with Ms. Know It All."

We both laughed and finished packing, all while making small talk. Logan tried to distract us by licking our faces and jumping on Y/f/n's bed where we needed to put stuff to organize it.

Once we finally finished, Y/f/n grabbed her bags that she would need to stay overnight for about a week, or at least until we come back here to get all of her boxes.

We also took all of the boxes we packed and stored them in Y/f/n's room, locking the door behind us so that no one could get in.

When we left, we completely ignored Kate and I said goodbye to Trevon before we hit the road again. (On the road again! Oh I just can't wait to be on the road again! Sorry, I had to add that...)

We then walked across New York City to get to my house, first stopping for some lunch, which we had missed earlier that day. Once we got to my house, we found that it was quite empty.

"Oh crap, we forgot about the show tonight, didn't we?" Y/f/n said, making both of us freeze in our tracks.

"Well, at least we didn't have an afternoon show today too, cause then we would be screwed," I said.

We then dropped Y/f/n's bags in the doorway off to one side and ran to the theatre.

Once we got there and saw the long line, we booked it to our dressing rooms and flew in.

"There they are! We were starting to think that you two forgot about the show tonight!" Alex said, trying to cover his laughter with Rob and Kerry as they watched us run in.

"Nope, we didn't forget," I said out of breath.

"Yep, this was totally planned," Y/f/n giggled.

We all laughed before Kerry and Alex helped us get ready and Rob messed around in the corner, trying to make us laugh.

Sure, the beginning of the day was really rough, but I think that it all worked out in the end, or most of it anyway.

(Word Count - 1020)