Chapter 36

So, it’s nearly Thanksgiving, and there are lots of things to be thankful for. For one, family and friends, but if you’re like me, you only have one friend and your family annoys the cheese out of you. Yeah, that’s right, cheese. Let’s be thankful for that too. You, in particular, should be thankful that you have chapter 36 to read. But enough of me talking, you wanna know what happens next. Well, here goes!!

Chapter 36

Ariana’s POV

Once Zayn left the classroom, I left too. I walked back to my room. I told Liz I would catch up with her anyway.

This is it, I thought, it’s over. Zayn has given up on us. But that’s not wanted. I wanted him not to talk to me, but still have feelings for me. I still have feelings for him. His words played in my mind as I walked back to my room.

He would’ve fallen for Perrie if he hadn’t met me. He did love me. Goodbye Ariana Grande-Butera.

I didn’t want to think about that. I opened the door to my room, and Liz wasn’t there. Good, I thought, I wanted some time to myself, but I was not going to cry on the dirt like I did last time.

All these thoughts started to flood in my mind.

What if Zayn had fallen for Perrie, and never met me? Would I have seen him, and developed a crush on him? Maybe. What if he met Perrie before me, and we did meet, but he felt nothing for me? That’s just too horrible to think about. What if Perrie had never been born? Now that is a wonderful thing to think about.

The second thought was the one that stuck to me. Zayn would’ve loved Perrie. He would’ve loved her the way he loved me. We might’ve gotten picked to do Love Story together, but he would’ve felt no attraction to me, since he has a girlfriend and all. Maybe he would’ve ended up being my dance partner for dance class, but he would’ve felt awkward doing slow dance with me, since he has a girlfriend and all. Maybe we would’ve been picked in biology to dissect a frog, and he would feel awkward doing the work with me, and talking to me on how to tear the frog up with me, and being so close to me, looking at the frog, since he has a girlfriend and all.

He would have a girlfriend and all. And it would be Perrie. He would hug her and kiss her, and tell her he loved her. He would do and say all those things to me, but Perrie had to be born, and ruin it. This isn’t fair, I thought. Why did this have to happen? I was just here to make my dreams come true, and once I got here, I wanted that to happen, but I saw Zayn in the picture. Since that, that has been my dream. If Zayn’s not in there, then I came here for nothing. I have never fallen for anyone this hard before. Not even my ex-boyfriend, Graham.

Besides, what’s the point of being in this school anyway? If being here means having to put up with Perrie, and no Jesy, Jade, and Leigh, and have to see Zayn, but knowing he doesn’t love me, and constantly being miserable, then I shouldn’t be here.

Might as well start packing my shit now, the faster I pack, the sooner I leave.

I had been packing for about 10 minutes when Liz walked through the door to the room.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

“Why are you packing your stuff back? Are moving back with Perrie?” She asked me.

“I asked you first.” I told her.

“OK, I was at the rec room, Vic texted me asking if I wanted to play Just Dance 4 with her. I am a horrible dancer, by the way. You answer me now.”

“I’m leaving.”

“You ARE moving back with Perrie?”

“Not from the room. The school. I’m leaving LPAS.” Liz gasped.

“What? You’re leaving why?” I sat down on my bed, and my feels rushed out of me. I started to sob uncontrollably, and I told Liz what happened between me and Zayn once she left the detention room. Every single last detail.

“That’s horrible! But that doesn’t mean you have to leave.” She began to tell me.

“Yes it is! You don’t understand Elizabeth, there is nothing I can do. I don’t want to leave, but this school, I will forever be miserable here. I should just go back to Boca Raton, and forget all this ever happened.” I wiped the tears from my face. My makeup was running, my hair was a mess, since I hit my head with my pillow multiple times (don’t ask why).

“You can’t go home! Forget about Zayn. What about your musical career? Are you really going to give up on that?” She yelled at me.

“Screw my music career. Screw everything. Nothing matters anymore. I don’t know what anything is anymore now that Zayn is gone from my life. I just don’t care.” I told her. Liz didn’t accept any of this.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Since when is a boy the end of your life? I may have only known you for a week, but I know that you’re not like that. Sure, you loved Zayn, but you’ll find someone else. There are plenty of hot guys in this school, for Pete’s sake, we’re in England, the capital of hot guys.” Liz sat down next to me, and gave me a huge bear hug.

“True, but none of them are Zayn.”

“Fuck Zayn. And not the way you want to.” We both started to laugh at that. “Forget about him. If he really means what he says, he won’t get jealous seeing you with another boy. Show him you don’t need him. You are a strong independent woman who don’t need a man.”

I took everything Liz said into consideration. She was right. I hate that she’s right in nearly everything.

“Yeah, you’re right Liz. I will move on. He doesn’t know what he’s missing.” I said. We both laughed. Two can play this game, I told myself.

Oh my goodness, is Ari really over Zayn? Why, Lizzie, why are you doing this? Does it make you want to scream? Does it make you want to slap my face so hard, and I will get some sense and make me realize Zayn and Ari need each other? Does it make you want to read more? Well, if you’ve answered yes to at least 2 of theses questions, you need to keep on reading, and always comment and vote!!!

xox, Lizzie