Protector

Sana was looking out of the classroom window dreaming about Park Jungkook. Many people think he is a bad boy but she knows that he has a golden heart. No one has ever cared for her like this before. She was always considered the quiet nerd in school that no one would talk too, she was always focused on her studies and never engaged in activities that young girls her age would part take in. When she lived in Japan, her parents would always work long hours so she wouldn't see them often while people in school would always ridicule her for being a boring loser. But Jungkook was her protector who would take care of her when no one was watching. "Hey Sana what's up?" Jungkook asked while sitting next to her. "Nothing much" Sana said looking down. "Oh... it just looked like you were in deep thought". "Are you perhaps thinking of someone?". "No" Sana said as she shook her head back and forth. Jungkook chuckled at her  reaction and then ruffled her hair "Why are you so cute?" Sana's cheeks turned red and she readjusted her glasses as they were falling off due to Jungkook's comments.

Groups of people in the cafeteria were eating and talking loudly. There were obviously different cliques the thugs, the jocks, the gamers, the nerds, and the mean girls. Sana ordered her cheese kimbap and found an empty table in the corner of the lunchroom. Jungkook was waiting in the line until Taehyung slapped him in the back of the neck. "Hyung, what's up?". "God dammit Taehyung can't you greet people normally!". "Jungkook there have been rumors floating around that you whopped Jinwoo's ass and saved a girl" Taehyung said while smirking a nudging Jungkook's shoulder. "So what why do you care". "Awwww... our Jungkookie is defensive". "Now hyung who is this girl".  "I've never seen you with girl before, I promise I won't tell pretty please" Taehyung pouted. "If you don't stop teasing me now Taehyung I will make sure to knock that smile off you face just like I did with Jinwoo". "Damn, savage maknae I didn't mean to push your buttons" Taehyung said with his hands up.  Jungkook grabbed his tray and spotted Sana he walked toward her and sat right across from her. Taehyung looked at Jungkook in complete shock. I can't believe he fell for a complete nerd. 

Sana who was reading and eating quietly looked up to see Jungkook smiling at her. "What are you doing here?" Sana said. "You looked a little lonely so I decided to sit with you" Jungkook smirked. Sana tucked her hair behind her ear and muttered "Thanks". Sana continued to eat quietly while trying to concentrate on her book but she could feel Jungkook's gaze. Sana's heart was beating rapidly she tried grabbing the milk carton but it slipped out of her hands landing on her shirt. Jungkook looked at her wide eyed at grabbed some paper towels to help her wipe it off. "Jungkook, its okay I'll go to the bathroom and the clean the rest off". "Arraso" Jungkook nodded. Sana looked at the bathroom mirror mentally cursing herself for embarrassing herself in front of Jungkook trying to wipe off the milk stain on her shirt. A group of girls approached Sana eyeing her up and down. "Hey, bitch stay away from our Jungkook oppa!". "Who do you think you are?" "You are a worthless piece of trash". Sana tried to exit the bathroom but the girls surrounded her. One of the girls started pulling on Sana's hair. "Ow! please stop it!" Sana cried. The girls didn't care they just started laughing at her. Soon after they started beating her up slapping her, kicking her, and even spitting on her. The bell rung which meant classes would resume. The girls quickly exited while Sana curled up in the fetus position crying. She was in so much pain that she could barely move her body to get up. Jungkook started getting worried, the bell rung and Sana was no where to be found. Jungkook was outside the girl's bathroom and yelled "Sana, are you there?" All he could hear was whimpering and crying. Jungkook didn't care if it was the girl's bathroom he bust through the door the see Sana on the ground covered with black and blue bruises. There were scratch marks all over her body almost as if she was attacked by angry cats. Jungkook with no hesitation picked Sana up bridal style and ran to the nurse's office.

In the nurse's office, Nurse Yoon treated her wounds while Sana was unconscious. Jungkook paced back and forth worriedly. "Nurse Yoon will she be okay?" "Are there any serious injuries?" "Don't worry as long as you put aspirin these wounds would likely heal in a week" Nurse Yoon said. "But, do you have any idea on who did this?" "This looks like a school violence incident and you should report it immediately". Jungkook's veins popped out out of his arms and neck trying to control his anger "I didn't see them". Nurse Yoon simply nodded and exited the room. Jungkook sat next to Sana in the bed where she was lying peacefully tightly holding her hand. I promise I will find out who did this and kill them. 

As several hours passed Jungkook slowly fell asleep beside Sana still holding her hand tightly. Sana slowly woke up her vision still blurry. She picked up her glasses her pain slowly subsidizing. She looked over and saw Jungkook holding her hand tightly while sleeping. Cute she thought. Jungkook woke up to see Sana smiling at him. He quickly hugged her gently caressing her hair. "Mianhae". "It's my fault I wasn't there for you". He kissed her forehead and massaged her back gently rocking her back and forth. Sana blushed and stuttured "Jung-kook it's not yo-ur fault". "Jebal". "Don't blame yourself you can't change the past". Jungkook whispered in her ear "I promise from now on I will be by your side". After a few seconds they released the hug. Sana tried to walk but the pain was too much. "OWW!" she said. Jungkook stopped her and offered her a piggy-back ride. "Hop-on I can't see you in any more pain it breaks me". The bandages on her cheeks managed to hide her blush as Sana wrapped her arms around his neck while Jungkook held her thighs. She was secretly smiling to herself as she found a protector who would always stay by her side.