7

Lisa's POV:

"Ms. Manoban, that's not the sole reason," as i listening attentively while Mr. Smith began expressing his concerns and rationale for withdrawing his investment.

"Could you elaborate on the specific issue, Mr. Smith?" I inquired politely as he adjusted his seat to speak again.

"Your wife mistreated one of my employees, Ms. Manoban, and I cannot overlook it. I view all my employees as family, and I cannot condone any behavior to the contrary," Mr. Smith explained carefully. "Ms. Manoban, they are all invaluable to me. Without their hard work, I wouldn't have achieved the success I have today," he added.

As another problem added to my stress, I rubbed my temples. "I sincerely apologize, Mr. Smith. I understand your frustration, but is there anything we can do to change your decision?" I pleaded, eager to convince him. "My wife is genuinely a good person; however, she does have moments of hot temper. I don't justify her actions, but I will address the issue. Please, Mr. Smith, give us a second chance, and I assure you this won't happen again," I said nervously as he sighed deeply.

"Ms. Manoban, I'll need to ponder over it first," expressing a sense of delicacy and uncertainty, i am aware that the response could swing either way, but What mattered is his consideration in refraining from an immediate rejection.

"I appreciate that, Mr. Smith. Again, I apologize for my wife's actions toward your employee. Thank you for your time," I conveyed, extending my arm for a handshake, which he reciprocated.

"My pleasure," Mr. Smith responded as he departed. Collapsing into the chair, I felt engulfed by exhaustion, pondering solutions to this new predicament.

"Pranpiyaaaa!!" Bambam's sudden appearance startled me. Hastily rising, I gave him a light smack on the head, relieved that Mr. Smith had already left when he shouted, quickly ushering Bambam inside and shutting the door.

"You're so embarrassing! Our biggest investor just left, and what if he heard you shouting?" I scolded.

"Well, Pranpi... I didn't know you had a visitor, and clearly, he didn't hear me. So, no harm done, right?" Bambam retorted annoyingly.

"I firmly requested to be informed before barging in as if you own the place," I stated firmly, but all he did was give me a mocking "K fine" expression.

"What brings you here...again?" I asked sarcastically.

"Are you busy?" he inquired.

"Kinda," I replied.

"Okay," he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of my office, leading me to his car. As we got in, his phone buzzed, and he quickly checked it, smiling at the notification. I chuckled as a pink blush spread across his cheek. He noticed my amusement and rolled his eyes, which only made me laugh harder.

"Stop that, Paranpiya!" he scolded, glaring at me.

"Aw, my Bambam is in love now, isn't he?" I teased.

"Manoban!" he warned.

"Okay," I managed to breathe between laughs, "so... who's the girl?" I interrogated, knowing Bambam was accustomed to my straightforward nature.

"Well, I met her at a Japanese store near my house, and then we ran into each other again at a coffee shop, but we—" I didn't let him finish his sentence.

"Do you like her?" I asked bluntly. He blushed again.

"Um, she's pretty and all, and also—"

"Bam, don't be a coward! Do.you.like.her?" I interrupted, emphasizing each word.