{Chapter Eighty-Five}

*Mallory*

"The surgery was successful for the most part... But it barely nicked the surface," Dr. Stoneman said solemnly. "Skylar has a very rare form of cancer, very aggressive...."

I let out a shaky breath as Sharise whimpered, covering her mouth as she held back a sob.

"W-What do you suggest?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Sharise, Heather also holding her arm around her.

"For now, I guess up the chemo a little bit... But she's very young, so administering it will have to be taken very cautiously, but... We're running out of options," she said sadly. "The chemo will buy her some more time, but.... Not a lot... I'm sorry...."

I gulped, knowing what she meant as I held Sharise's hand.

"How much time does she have?" Heather asked nervously.

"A few months... Six months maybe," she said. "More or less..."

Sharise sobbed out as I held her and we helped her sit down.

"Thank you," I said to Dr. Stoneman.

She nodded sadly. "I really am sorry...."

"You did all you could," I assured her. "You have no idea how grateful I am for what you've done...."

She nodded quietly. "C-Call me if you need anything," I said.

I nodded as she stepped out and I took a deep breath, placing my hand over my now large baby bump.

Six months.... We made it so far, JellyBean.... Somehow......

Its been two months since Skylar was diagnosed with cancer. She had surgery for removing the tumor, but the cancer is too rare and aggressive.

Mötley Crüe had gone on a US tour for 2 months and came back just last week. Before that, however, Nikki was paranoid on leaving just like last time, so after some stubborn arguing, I had suggested he called Karen, who used to house sit his place back at Van Nuys long ago. We both trust Karen, and she happily agreed to fly over and keep me company while he was gone and help me out. She's been a big help and has honestly helped me feel calm.

Heather had also been over a few times to spend some time with me. Despite the divorce, she and I still remained close, and I'm honestly glad.

I had also officially gone on maternity leave, but still spend as much as I am allowed to at the hospital to see Skylar without concerning anyone.

I'm also still hiding my bump, since I still don't want anyone knowing just yet. I may be a little over six months now, 22 weeks to be exact, but anything can still happen.

I've gone regularly to see Dr. Langdon for ultrasounds and examinations, taking my prenatal vitamins, eating well and following a healthy lifestyle.

Once I reached 6 months, after some debate, Nikki and I decided to start preparing for the baby, but not do a lot of work in case of the worst case scenario. The most we've done is order a crib and changing table, but the crib was lost in delivery unfortunately, which isn't bad but just a pain to deal with. 

We still had some baby clothes in storage that were bought or gifted from when we were expecting Angel, which I washed and prepped. I also bought some bottles, diapers, and some soothers just in case.

We don't know the gender of the baby yet, and decided to keep it like that, so that at least we can feel excited about something and get rid of some worry.

We were planning to have the crib in our bedroom for now and then just start on the nursery after the baby is born, but since its lost then we might just get a bassinet until then or something.