{Chapter Ninety-Eight}

⚠️Warning: This chapter contains mentions of tragedy, loss, drug relapses, deteriorating mental health, and other related topics. If affected, please read with caution.⚠️

《2003》

*Vince*

I watched as the makeup artist touched up MJ's make up while I ate a bag if M&Ms on the couch next to Mick.

Nikki sat nearby her on his phone as we all hung out and waited.

A lot's happened these past 3 years.

We finally released our book, The Dirt: Confessions of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band, and its become a major hit since then, but we've mostly been on a break since we released the New Tattoo album.

MJ was also soon going to release her book, Bittersweet Chaos: The Journey of A Cursed Runaway, a few months after our book, but it ended up being delayed when tragedy struck.

In 2001, on her way home, MJ was in a really fucked up car accident, one that people say made my accident back in 1984 look like a simple fender bender.

The cops were chasing a bunch of bank robbers from two blocks away when the robbers ran a stop light, going at about 90 mph, and struck MJ's car directly as she crossed an intersection, plowing her car right into some other cars and a nearby pedestrian. Her car ended up flipped and wrapped aroung a telephone pole, almost split completely in half.

Nine people were involved in the crash, four cars in total were hit. Three people were dead, of them was one of the robbers. Four were in critical condition,  MJ being one of them. Two others only had minor injuries, the worst being a passenger from one of the other cars getting a broken collarbone.

MJ suffered broken bones, a fractured skull that caused some brain swelling, bruises, massive internal bleeding, some rupturing, a collapsed lung, and even needed a defibrillator and adrenaline shot at one point. 

Thankfully she made it through, and she survived. Despite the brain swelling, nothing life threatening came up in the scans and she was still able to function just fine. She had to spend a few months in a wheelchair, and then some more afterwards using crutches, but she was going to make a full recovery nonetheless.

However, she was only going to be able to really recover physically.

To add salt to the wound, MJ was 6 months pregnant with her and Nikki's seventh kid at the time, and she was just leaving the clinic that day to find out she was going to have another boy. She was on her way back home to surprise Nikki with the news before everything happened.

Her son, who they planned to name Rowan Ozzy Sixx, died on impact.

Also, because of the massive internal hemorrhaging she was suffering from, the doctors had no choice but to also perform an emergency hysterectomy after her dead son was delivered in order to save MJ's life.

MJ can now never have kids ever again.

I can still remember hearing my best friend's wails echo throughout her hospital room and the hallway outside from the day she woke up from her coma and found out her baby was killed....

As for the remaining robbers, they're  serving life in prison for the tragedy they caused and lives they took.

After the accident, however, MJ and Nikki's family started to fall apart. MJ was practically almost borderline suicidal, depressed, her nightmares were even coming back, and already confined to a wheelchair for a few months, and even almost caving into ruining her sobriety. She was barely even eating or sleeping