UMAR رضالله عنه's OPEN DECLARATION OF ISLAM AND THE BAN ON BANU HASHIM

★ It was not tolerable to ‘Umar رضالله عنهthat Quraysh should worship their gods openly at the Ka’bah, while the believers worshipped God in secret.

So he used to pray in front of the Ka’bah and he would encourage other Muslims to pray with him.

★ Sometimes he and Hamzah would go with a large body of the faithful to the sanctuary, and on such occasions the leaders of Quraysh kept away.

★ It would have been a loss of dignity for them to stand by and let this happen, yet if they resisted they knew that 【‘Umar رضالله عنه would stop at nothing】.

★ The Quraysh however were determined not to allow Umar رضالله عنهto imagine that he  had defeated them, and 【under pressure from Abu Jahl】 they decided that the 【best solution would be to place an interdiction on the whole clan of Hashim】 who, with the exception of Abu Lahab, were 【resolved to protect their kinsman whether they believed him to be a Prophet or not.】

★ A document was drawn up according to which it was undertaken that....

1.  No one would marry a woman of Hashim or give his daughter in marriage to a man of Hashim

2. No one was to sell anything to them, or buy anything from them.

3. This was to continue until the clan of Hashim themselves outlawed Muhammad ﷺ or until he renounced his claim to Prophethood.

★ No less than forty leaders of Quraysh set their seal to this agreement though not all of them were equally in favour of it, and some of them had to be won over.

★ The clan of Muttalib refused to forsake their Hashimite cousins, and they were included in the ban.

★ The document was solemnly placed inside the Ka’bah.