Chapter Fifty Two

Months pass and it's their wedding day.
"Lex, we have to go." Kelly said as Alexis is staring at the tv.
"Wyatt Morgan has escaped again and police have no idea where he is. So keep your eyes open. If you happen to see him call the number on your screen." News caster said.
"You two let's go." Hank said.
Alexis looks at Hank and he smiles. Intelligence runs in except Jay.
"Need anything that's already not there?" Adam asked.
Maverick comes down the stairs with boxes.
"51 is heading there now." Maverick said.
Alexis squeezes Kelly's hand.
"I got two suits and a heavy dress." Maverick said.
They get to the venue and Intelligence split up since most of it is groomsmen.
"We're all suited." Hailey said as she picks up the side of her dress revealing her gun.
Alexis smiles.
"I got a bodyguard." Alexis said.
"Not your bodyguard." Hank said.
"Whatever you say." Alexis said.
"We got some gifts." Kelly said.
Alexis looks at him. Casey lets down a big box and different bags. Alexis opens the box.
"What!" Alexis shouts as she sees her turnout jacket saying Lieutenant Halstead.
"Congrats Lieutenant." Casey said.
Alexis hugs Casey. She gets a tattoo appointment to get Luke's badge number on her rib cage, a necklace with a red line across it saying Always.
"I love you guys." Alexis said.
They begin to get ready.
"Are you sure you're not my bodyguard?" Alexis asked.
"Get your hair done." Hank said.
Alexis laughs. Olivia and Jill run in.
"We're here." Olivia said.
"I got a present for you." Jill said.
Alexis opens it and cries.
"You always talked about how much you love his badge." Jill said.
"You are now officially badge number 1763." Olivia said.
"You guys suck." Alexis said.
The Bakers smiles.
"Oh meet my bodyguard Sergeant Hank Voight." Alexis said.
Hank looks at her and she giggles. Hank shakes his head.
"Boys out. Even my bodyguard." Alexis said.
She gets her dress on.
"You look beautiful." Kelly said.
"Troublemaker, you ready?" Boden asked.
Alexis freezes.
"Why don't both of us take you down." Kelly said.
Alexis hugs Kelly.
"Lets do this." Alexis said.
"You know you cause more trouble than your man of honor." Boden said.
"My favorite guys." Alexis said.
Alexis walks down the aisle.
There's an empty seat next to Jill. Alexis looks at the seat not knowing she has tears coming down her face. Jay wipes them away.
"I love you." Jay mouths.
"I love you." Alexis mouths.
"Alexis Rae Morgan and Jay Halstead, today you choose each other before your family and friends, to begin your life together. For all the tomorrows that follow, you will choose each other over and again, in the privacy of your hearts. Let your love and friendship guide you, as you learn and grow together. Experience the wonders of the world, even as patience and wisdom calm the restless nature. Through your new partnership, may you triumph over the challenges in your path. Through the comfort of loving arms, may you always find a safe place to call home." Pastor said.
"Repeat after me, I, Alexis Rae Morgan, promise you, Jay Halstead, that I will be your wife from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together."
"I, Alexis Rae Morgan, promise you, Jay Halstead, that I will be your wife from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." Alexis repeats.
"Jay repeat after me, I, Jay Halstead, promise you, Alexis Rae Morgan, that I will be your husband from this day forward, to be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me, to love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry, to care for you in sickness and in health, to softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together." Pastor said.
They exchange rings.
"You may kiss the bride." Pastor said.
"I have to finish what I started, eight years ago." Wyatt said as he points a gun at Alexis.
Alexis pulls Jay in for a quick kiss. Intelligence pulls out their guns. They shoot Wyatt. As Wyatt goes down, the trigger goes off.