Chapter Eighteen: Into the Basement

3rd person's POV

In a stroke of luck for the Readers, the old stricter guards were replaced by some guards who were a little more lenient.

N0na smirked as she saw the previous guards were carted out of the room, having fainted from the unholy traumatic cursed image overload on their senses.

"Serves them right." She giggled. "Actually wait. They deserve much worse. Hmmm...."

N0na swiveled in her seat on Ari's lap to look up at him. "Which would be better, flogged, beaten, and dragged behind a fast-moving ship in the saltiest body of water on earth? Or thrown into a wood chipper machine feet first?"

Ari hummed as he thought. "Hmm......how about......the wood chipper? I think I read a story on the news of a guy falling into one and surviving..."

N0na perked up. "I thought that was just a rumour!!!"

Ari dug in his pockets, and pulled out a strange looking device. The guards had only let him keep it with him after disabling the apps for outside communication.

Not that it really mattered anyway.

Ari was a pretty lonely guy.

He opened it up and typed some stuff in to a search bar.

An0n, who was meandering aimlessly throughout the cage, happened to catch a glimpse. "Uh...What are you guys doing?"

N0na yanked her caster, which was what the shadows called their counterparts, to the floor next to them. "We are looking to see if the story where the dude falls into a wood chipper and survives is true!!!"

An0n looked very disturbed. "Uh...okay? Just don't...don't show me any graphic imag-"

"Ooh!! There are images for the search!!!" Ari exclaimed.

"Click it! Click it! Click it!" N0na chanted.

"Apparently this one killed a dude. Chopped him up." Ari said.

An0n gave a sigh of relief. "I'm just glad they didn't show any remains, or a video of it happeni-"

N0na gasped suddenly. "Look!!! There's a video!!!!! CLICKITCLICKITCLICKIT!!!!!"

"Wait, please don't-" An0n started.

Ari looked at her. "Hey, if you're uncomfortable, you can leave."

An0n left

"What the heck 1s wr0ng w1th th0se tw0??" An0n complained to Warrior.

Warrior looked at An0n strangely. "An0n, are you feeling alright? You don't sound......normal."