Chapter Twenty Three: Dinosaur Train

A/N: -Was part of my childhood.

Anybody else watch PBS kids?

Cyberchase was my favorite.

 If this is late, my apologies. If not. Wow. Hey wait a sec. If I'm so good at breaking the Fourth Wall and Time Wall then I wonder if I could just yell down at future me...

HEY FUTURE AN0NA!! HOW'D THE CHAPTER GO?? YOU ABOUT DONE YET??

*Construction noises are heard*

OOP SORRY!!!

HOW ABOUT NOW??

COOL!!! GREAT JOB THEN!!!

Wow. that worked...

I surprise myself sometimes.

3rd person's POV

Can shed the last of her Hawaiian-style costume as she followed the rest of the Readers into the building.

Well.

She WAS following them.

She hadn't noticed that she had gotten lost and separated from the crew until she had moved the last flower from her necklace to her hair.

Can looked up proudly. Wanting to show off her new goofy look, she turned to her friend Electraneer.

"Hey Elec- wait. Guys?"

Can looked left to right.

"Um. GUYS??"

They were gone.

x - x - x - x - x

Two pairs of glowing orange eyes gazed down at the party of Readers, who spoke in tense whispers.

They weren't quite sure why they were whispering.

But the oppressive air and feel of the room, combined with the eerie low hum of the overhead lights that dimly lit the room made it seem appropriate.

Then again- 

(PAST AN0NA WOULD YOU SHUT UP FOR A SEC I WAS LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF SETTING UP THE TENSE ATMOSPHERE FOR THE NEXT SCENE. JUST BE PATIENT.)

(Sorry about that guys.)

(Let's pretend that didn't happen, okay?)

(Now where was I...Ah yes.)

Then again, it would be logical to reduce volume, for chances were that not all of the Darkguards had left chasing the snack cart.

Oh, how right they were...

Kyr wiped a bead of sweat off her brow, anxiously looking behind them every once in a while.