Trauma

Mina's POV

It is in the middle of the night, I was awakened by the sound of Ren's mumbling to what it looks like a bad dream. "No, please. Don't. Anything, anything but her." I slowly set myself to sit up and looked over at him, head waving and body trembling. "Ren doushitano?" I softly asked him as his head waving vigorously with the mumblings that intensify gradually. "Please!! No, Just leave her alone!!" His mumble started to shout a little bit. I moved my hand to cup his face as he kept mumbling. He then wakes up with a loud gasp, sweat glistening his forehead and his breaths were uneven. "Doushitano Ren? Daijoubukana?" His face looking distressed. I began to worry about what he's dreaming and I hope it's not the nightmares that he used to be getting.

He sat up then turned over his face to look at me with his eyes filled fear of loss. I caressed his back comforting him from his nightmare and "everything is going to be okay, Ren. It's just a dream. You-" I was cut by him hugging me as tight as he can and his wrapping felt like he's afraid to lose me. "Oh god, Minari. Thank you." He breathed loudly, still with his uneven breaths. He hugged me for a while and then pulled away with his palms moved to cup my face. "Thank God you're okay." His smile looked relief and I can see that it wasn't just a nightmare. "It felt so real, Minari." He breathed as his thumbs moved to rub my face gently. His breathing slowly evened out but the sight of his face flushed in fear.

I moved my hand to cup his face too and put a smile on my face "it's not real Ren. Everything is alright." My husking breathed softly to comfort him off from his nightmare. "What were you dreaming about?" I moved one hand to brush his silky white hair back to his head while the other kept to cupping his cheek. He scoffed remembering the dream he had "it was a dream back from when L'atelier was still around." His voice shaking, "they had you, they had you." His voice added low and I pulled him in hugging him and then he replied with his arms wrapping tightly again. From the hugging, I can feel his heart beating faster than it should be. He's been having nightmares lately. I thought as my hand move caressing his broad back and "it's just a dream, Ren. It's just a dream." I said again softly to his ear.

He deeply sighed as he pulled away from the hug and "mianhae, Minari." I smiled at his words and then waved my head. "Gwaenchanh-a, Ren. I'm here for you." I moved my hand to caress his side from his hair down to his face. "Let's get back to sleep again." I invited and he nodded as then he set himself to lay down on his back and pulled me to rest my head on his chest. "Neomu mianhaeyo, Minari." His husky voice apologised. I didn't reply to this but I moved my head to look up and he was looking down at me. I can hear his heartbeat began to calm down and "since when I've been getting nightmares again?" His voice asked low. "Almost a month now." My voice rolled slightly pitched.

He scoffed at my answer and "I think that L'atelier really gets on my nerves. After years I still can't forget how cruel they were." He put up a topic and "I think you should consult that with a doctor Ren." He hummed, "you think so?" I nodded my head while still resting it on his chest. "Ne, Ren. It hurts me to see you suffer again from your nightmares." He chuckled softly and then curved a smile on his face. "Joh-a, I'll make an appointment on the weekends." I nodded at his planning and "can I come to accompany you ja-gi?" He hummed, "Joh-ayo. It would be nice." He smiled once again and "let's hurry back to sleep tomorrow we need to take Shion on her first day of junior high school." I nodded again and he moved his hand to caress my head putting me to sleep, but then.

"In my dream, you were pointed with a gun." His voice shaking trying to explain about his dream, murmuring. "And when that exact moment happens, my knees became weak. I couldn't even hold my feet and immediately fell down on my knees." His husky voice explaining about his nightmares. "It looped as if I was stuck there and can't get out"