3

Dean

"Mr Raven gave me a detention for calling his science experiment weird. He needs to chill be-"

"Hey babe" I'm suddenly interrupted by a red head swiftly sliding herself onto Zayn's lap. My lunch suddenly feels like it's going to come back up.

"Where were you last night" She pouts, seductively trailing her fingers up and down his chest. I start to pack my stuff into my bag. There is no way I am going to sit here and watch her grope him.

"I was busy" His voice clearly not interested in this girl anymore. I wonder when all the girls that hooked up with Zayn will realise that he's never going to be more than what they want.

"Well I'm free tonight" I cringe at the thought. The day that I ever turn into a side girl will be the day I have lost my sanity and respect for myself. I grab my bag and slide out of the picnic table. I'll leave him to-well I don't know who she is.

The feeling of interfering or feeling out of place is what I feel when other's sit with us. I partially blame myself for not making new friends. However Zayn played a part in making sure no one ever talked to me. He told me that they're not worth my trust and loyalty. I could see where he was coming from as girls would try to act nice to me to get to Zayn. The guys would try and talk me up because I was probably the only girl left that was a virgin. I don't blame them, all those girls that can't seem to get enough of him. Who wouldn't? He definitely isn't an ugly duckling. He probably is the most hottest guy in school. I'd never tell him that though. For some reason he just enjoyed my company and never seemed to leave my side. When it's just Zayn and I, I forget that he holds the reputation of a Bad boy. In my opinion he's not, he is Zayn. It's the things he does that gives him his reputation. I forget that he has his own friends and other things with other people than just with me. I am not saying I want him with me every second, just that I'm forgetful about that stuff. But I have other things to worry about other than my Best friends life, like how I'm supposed to find my own place with no money.

-

"Well look who it is" My mood seems to brighten every time I come here. It's been a while since the last time I saw these familiar faces.

"Hey" They all stop their workouts and walk towards me with all the same smiles, sweat glistening off of their toned bodies. Sweat. Shit.

"Guys! Ple-"Before I could finish I was pulled into a disgustingly smelly and wet group hug.

"Ok seriously let go! You all need to shower"I yell out, untangling myself from the hug.

"It's nice to see you too Dean" Louis says sarcastically.

"Well you don't get hugged by a bunch of smelly dudes everyday now do you?" They all shake their heads and smile.

"As much as I'd love to catch up. I came here to talk to liam so where is he?" I ask looking around for him.

"He's in his office, he said you were coming back" Harry says as we walk towards Liams office.

"Yeah, extra money for College and stuff" I lie. He raises his eyebrows but I shake my head, not wanting to say.

"Dean, Good to see you"Liam says, putting down a few papers.

"It's good to see you too, Liam"

"So are you back for good? Because we could use your amazing receptionist skills. Harry here was shit" I laugh as harry rolls his eyes.

"Its not my fault that guy's card wasn't renewed, bloody dick" Harry mutters.

"I'll be around here for awhile. So when can I start?" Liam claps his hands together.

"Well I'll give your uniform back. We just closed up, can you start twomorrow? 4 sharp?" I smile.

"You know me, I'm never late"He nods.

"Yes I know, Harry can you grab Dean's uniform out of the storage room before you leave and tell Louis to lock up, I've gotta head off" He grabs his keys and slips his wallet into his back pocket.

"I will see you twomorrow" Liam says, squeezing my shoulders.

"Yes boss"

"He's boss now?"Harry says,nudging me.

"Yes harry, he's your boss too"

"We're Best friends"

"Ok Best friends. Whatever. Can you just please get my uniform so I can go home" I say folding my arms.

"Can you get my uniform so I can go home"He copies me in a high pitched voice.

"Harry"

"Ok calm down, don't bite me" He walks into the storage muttering some words I'm going to pretend I didn't hear. Bite him? What am I? A dog?

This place, Fitness plus was my first and only job. When I saw they needed a receptionist I immediately called the number on the flyer. Thats where I met Liam Payne. The boss. Him and his friends invested in a buisness , obviously the gym they have now. I remember when I had my interview with liam. At first I felt uncomfortable, especially with his friends all staring at me as I walked with him to his office. He told me to not worry about them and that they're not that bad when you get to know them. I got the job and he put me straight to work that day. He introduced me to his friends and they were all trainers, each took a different station or helped people individually.

Harry Styles. The flirt but sweet one. He tried to ask me out on a date on my fifth shift but I kindly rejected him and told him we were work mates, friends. I have to admitt he is quite the looker and maybe if I wasn't so emotionally messed up I would consider, just consider going out with him.

Niall Horan. The Humorous and adorable one. It's hard to understand him when he's talking really fast. But most of the time it's something funny so I just laugh.

Louis Tomlinson. He's more of a jokester yet he can be mature. He's like the second in command when Liam's not here. All in all he's like an older brother to all of them. Even me.

They are the closest thing I have to friends. They haven't met Zayn and vice versa. I like to keep them separate and I honestly don't know why. That's lies. I know why, Zayn would be super pissed that I didn't tell him about the guys. But what Zayn doesn't know wont hurt him right?

1 Text received at 6:47pm
Zayn
Where did you go? I couldn't find you after school?

The memory of Zayn and that girl makes me want to gag. I have a feeling he won't let this go if I don't tell him where I was. But I don't want him to find out.

"Right where it was before. Here you go" Harry's hand linger longer on mine. I pull away, breaking the awkwardness.

"Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow" My smile doesn't seem to reach my face as Harry stops me.

"Your boyfriend?"

"What?" Did I hear him correctly?

"-that texted you" Was my reaction that noticeable?

"Uh no. That was a friend. I forgot something at her house the other day. She was looking for me after school to give it back but I left to come here" It wasn't a total lie. I mean it was a friend and he was looking for me after school. Harry doesn't need to know if it's a guy.

"Is she pretty?" I roll my eyes. Of course he'd ask that.

"Yeah she is but she would never go for you" I snort turning around and walking towards the exit.

"How do you know? Or are you Jealous?"

"Oh I know. Trust me. Jealous? In your dreams buddy" I stroll out with a satisfied feeling. My friend doesn't swing both ways, Harry doesn't need to know that.