11. Who Gets to Sleep with Ami?!

Ami couldn't stop thinking about her powers after the dinner with Halmeoni Min.

As a young witch, she was born with the exception of natural gifts and hereditary visuals. The people of Wennale recognize her as the daughter of the Grand Warlock and a highly-acclaimed witch. They expected her to be as extraordinary as her parents, keeping the title in the bloodline in a sense.

However, that was not the case.

Since the day she was born, she struggled with abilities. Her parents and guardian were constantly concerned and needed her safe in case of havoc erupting. They only did this because they knew she couldn't fully protect herself and sometimes being young, she was a bit rash and stubborn.

She barely inherited her first power, Descensum, as her father pushed it into her using an accelerating potion for her magic. Yet with the potion, her second power didn't come until she completed her adolescent witchcraft studies. Although she was extremely intelligent and excelled in her studies, it didn't necessarily define her competency as an average witch.

She was typically behind in her classes, even letting her childhood best friend surpass her as well. When her school tested their gifts, she couldn't get past one, barely even two trials.

While those around her had four or five of the Wonders and developed their wings, Ami looked into the mirror every day seeing nothing but a weakling of a witch, feeling undeserving of her title.

She hoped one day it'll be her turn.

She headed towards her apartment door when her ears rang at the sound of her human pest.

"Ami!" She rotated her head around to see Jungkook running up with his million-dollar smile and a bouquet of flowers.

"Must you interrupt me and my thoughts, Cockhead?" Ami groaned.

It's been bad enough for her to deal with her own hardship but adding this dumb bitch to the mix caused additional stress and bullshit.

"The only interruption between us is our clothes." He flirted.

She was unimpressed.

She ignored his entire existence and walked into her apartment, shutting it in his face. As she dropped her bag onto her armchair, she heard her door click open. She grunted before her eyes landed on the player coming in.

"Buttercup, I got you flowers!" He presented the collection of purple flowers ranging from irises, petunias, and pansies.

"Why would you give me something that will die anyway?"

Jungkook started getting flustered. He thought that she was gonna happily accept it and throw herself at him. "Uh, erm, well, I saw how bothered you looked for the past few days after visiting Halmeoni Min. I thought of getting you this will cheer you up."

Ami's angry face softened at his explanation. She didn't think no one noticed her mood. She was an expert in keeping emotions towards herself. But she couldn't help but flutter with his sweet gesture.

She stared at the flowers then back to the agitated boy. She exhaled before taking the flowers into her arms and sniffed the natural scent.

"They are nice. Thank you." She shined a smile at the hopeless romantic.

He made her smile for the first time.

She moved towards her kitchen to grab an empty vase. She filled it halfway with water. She placed the flowers into the glass before settling down in the middle of her coffee table.

Jungkook watched the witch, shocked at her gentle behavior. This was a different side, didn't know what to do about it.

But he was turned on.